GPU stuck at full-load while idling? Precision-X

GearShack

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
So i'm sitting here watching Youtube videos and hear that my fans are unreasonably loud, so I open up precision-x and find out that technically my card is under load with all the clocks maxed out. Luckily enough the card isn't getting hot, but it's annoying watching a video and having the hum of my fan cut through it. Anybody know what's up?

Here's a screenshot: http://s1273.beta.photobucket.com/user/Muffinsborn/media/Dwm2013-01-0623-51-09-65_zps59800d91.png.html

Thanks for any advice.

EDIT: And the Planetside 2 stuff you see in my taskbar is just the updater, not the game.

ensure that you are not running too many background apps that might take up a lot of resources.
just open task manager to see what are the apps that demand the maximum resources.

another possibility is that there might be some problems with your browser flash...disable hardware acceleration and see if it works.
if that works update and reinstall your browser including flash player.

GearShack

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
I cant seem to turn off hardware acceleration. Ill try the whole browser stuff in the morning, I'll see if any other option arise. I don't that's the problem though, i havent updated or downloaded anything recently.