Games stop working!

Hey guys,
I've recently built my own PC, but whenever i start to play a game, it end up crashing around 20 minutes into it... This happens on every single game i play. Please can somebody help me?!

Also when i am playing a game my PC doesnt perform as it should do, i know this because my old PC performs better than it! I'm sure all of my drivers are up to date and everything. Anyone help, please?

Specs:
Intel i5 2500k 3.3Ghz (Sandy Bridge)
AMD R7770
8gb DDR3 RAM
Gigabyte Z68AP-D3
800 Watt PSU
1.5tb Harddrive

Would it maybe have anything to do with that my motherboard is PCIe 2.0 and my graphics card is PCIe 3.0?
3 answers Last reply
More about games stop working
  1. I doubt that the PCI-e version would be much of an issue as they tend to be very backward compatible.
    The crashing to me sounds like a driver problem. I've had that problem for a short time until recently when I did a complete clean re-install of my graphic drivers.

As for the performance issue, I'm not too sure because your system should handle things fine given you don't push every graphical setting too high.
  2. Uninstall your video card driver first following these steps www.overclock.net/t/988215/how-to-properly-uninstall-ati-amd-software-drivers-for-graphics-cards, then reinstall the driver. Download the driver directly from AMD's website
  3. I have dona all that you have told me t oto before hand, forgot to put that in. I have recently fixed the problem :D I just switched out my RAM for some old RAM i had, wasn't compatible with my processor or something.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Games Graphics