Sign in with
Your question

Choppy Mouse in all games.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 7, 2013 10:27:07 AM

Hello,

I am seeing two mouse pointers on my screen! I only have one mouse connected.

I have a dual monitor setup, my second monitor sits above my main monitor. If I move my mouse pointer to the top of my main screen and then up to the second display, then move my mouse pointer back down to the main display, I get a second mouse pointer that sits at the top of the main display!

Any idead what could be causing such an issue.? I have just updated to the lastest Nvidia drivers for my GTX 680's.

I should add that the second display is connected to my ASUS V EXTREME onboard video.

System is running Windows 8 all up to date.

I did do a print screen but neither mouse pointer shows on the image from the print screen.

Thanks

More about : choppy mouse games

January 7, 2013 10:32:04 AM

Hello,

I have a MAXIMUS V EXTREME mobo which I have running in my water cooled rig.

I am having problems with mouse movement being choppy in games. All games feel choppy, not just certain titles.

I have tried a huge amount of different bits and pieces to get the mouse to behave smoothly. I will describe what I have currently tried below.

I have tried several different mice, from low end simple mice, to top end gaming mice, I have tried these in all of the available USB ports, on the back of the rig directly on the mobo, and also the front panel ports, various different settings have been tried, different DPI, Windows sensitivity settings, game specific sensitivity and smoothness settings, polling settings etc etc, while changing some settings will indeed reduce the choppiness, the problem still remains. All of these mice are USB. One thing I have not tried is a PS/2 mouse.

I have tried fresh installations of Windows 7, and now running a fresh install of Windows 8. Mice are still choppy in games.

I have updated ALL drivers for all devices, I have updated the boards BIOS to latest version.

I have tried three different monitors to rule out problems with refresh rates, I have tried various settings with my ASUS GTX680's in SLi. Tried using just one card, both cards, cards at different speeds, cards in different slots on the mobo. All to no avail.

I have tried various different settings in the BIOS, some people have said that disabling Hyper Threading for the Intel 3770k helps, but for me, sadly not in this case.

I have played about with different memory speeds, CPU speeds etc etc. Nothing seems to resolve this problem.

I have tried several different gaming surfaces which have little no impact on the mouse choppiness.

I have 6 other rigs, all of them with ASUS boards of different models, but none with this specific problem.

One thing that I have noticed is that with certain devices plugged into a USB port, be it on the back of the motherboard or using one of the front panel ports, Windows is somehow prevented from detecting new USB devices from being connected. One example is if I have say an SD Card Reader plugged into a front panel USB port, and then remove my mouse from the back of the rig, and then reconnect the mouse, Windows will detect that it has been disconnected, but Windows will not detect that it has been re-connected. However, as soon as I remove the SD Card Reader from the USB port, Windows will detect the mouse and allow me to use it?!?!?

I am at a loss to understand what is going on here and need your help to try and resolve what is causing this very frustrating problem. I have spent a serious amount of money building a gaming rig, which while its great at Folding@Home, its not so great as a gaming machine due to this mouse problem!!

Your help in resolving this problem is very much appreciated.

My rig specs:

Custom Water Cooling System
Coolermaster HAF X Case
Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold 1200W PSU
Asus MAXIMUS V EXTREME Z77 Socket 1155
Intel Core i7 3770K OC@4.5Ghz
Corsair Dominator DDR3 2133MHz 16GB 4x240 DIMM Unbuffered 9-11-10-27
2 x ASUS GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP Cards
2 x OCZ 128GB Vertex 4 SSD's in RAID0
Seagate 3TB Barracuda Hard Drive SATA-III

Games that I have installed on the rig include; BF3, CS:S, MW3, Starcraft, Skyrim and a few others. All suffer with this problem.

And thanks if you actually read all of the above.
January 7, 2013 10:34:23 AM

You have gone through a lot. Why not try PS/2 mouse?

Related resources
a b U Graphics card
January 7, 2013 10:35:42 AM

Is the system reading/writing a lot to the HDD during games? You can check the HDD activity LED for that. If so, that could be a cause of stuttering.
January 7, 2013 10:36:15 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried several mice.

R.A.T 9
R.A.T 7
Razer DeathAdder
Logitech G500 and G9x

And other non-gaming mice.

I will try and get hold of a PS/2 mouse to see if that makes a difference.
January 7, 2013 10:37:29 AM

house70 said:
Is the system reading/writing a lot to the HDD during games? You can check the HDD activity LED for that. If so, that could be a cause of stuttering.

I have not noticed any over activity of the HDD's during any gaming.
January 7, 2013 10:39:48 AM

Could it be my screen? It only has a refresh rate of 60hz. When I run StarCraft and check FPS with FRAPS I am seeing over 200 FPS. Maybe my screen cant keep up.
a c 134 U Graphics card
January 7, 2013 10:40:37 AM

I'm sure PS/2 will help but you can try. I'm surprised with the G500 its a lot like the original G5. Razer normally makes amazing mice I have the razer naga epic love it. Rat mice lol no comment :) 
January 7, 2013 10:41:15 AM

But then, when I enable v sync and of course the FPS is locked to 60 and the stuttering, choppiness or what ever you want to call it still remains. So its probably not that.
a b U Graphics card
January 7, 2013 10:41:27 AM

DoZZa said:
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried several mice.

R.A.T 9
R.A.T 7
Razer DeathAdder
Logitech G500 and G9x

And other non-gaming mice.

I will try and get hold of a PS/2 mouse to see if that makes a difference.

You could just get an adapter USB-->PS2. No need to get another mouse.
a c 134 U Graphics card
January 7, 2013 10:43:09 AM

No it isn't your screen kind sir :)  if you are worried about stuttering which you may be experiencing turn on adaptive vsync and see if that helps.

go into nvidia control panel and set the setting to adaptive it may help out.
January 7, 2013 10:43:48 AM

bigshootr8 said:
I'm sure PS/2 will help but you can try. I'm surprised with the G500 its a lot like the original G5. Razer normally makes amazing mice I have the razer naga epic love it. Rat mice lol no comment :) 

It is an odd issue. But it seems to be system wide, no specific mouse is better than the other with this particular problem.

house70 said:
You could just get an adapter USB-->PS2. No need to get another mouse.

Good idea! Nice one :) 
January 7, 2013 11:05:03 AM

bigshootr8 said:
No it isn't your screen kind sir :)  if you are worried about stuttering which you may be experiencing turn on adaptive vsync and see if that helps.

http://hardocp.com/images/articles/1334549254xAknM1AAS2_1_10_l.gif go into nvidia control panel and set the setting to adaptive it may help out.

Sadly this did not work for me :( 
a b U Graphics card
January 7, 2013 11:11:26 AM

connect both the displays to the gpu itself and use extend desktop option....that should do it
January 7, 2013 11:23:44 AM

I agree. This is really odd. I'd be frustrated as hell if this were to happen to me. Good job on being patient. You're almost there.
a b U Graphics card
January 7, 2013 11:39:02 AM

Have you tried other USB ports? Maybe the one you are using is wonky.
a b U Graphics card
January 7, 2013 11:40:55 AM

Yeah do what sidd said. You should run both monitors off the same gpu. It won't really impact performance so don't worry about that.
a b U Graphics card
January 7, 2013 11:49:25 AM

Do you have Lucid Virtu installed? As that could be giving you problems. There are settings etc to tweak but at this point if you have Lucid Virtu installed easiest way to diagnose is uninstall and reboot.

Your monitor is connected to your GTX 680 not the on board graphics ports? Some folks do connect to on-board and install Lucid Virtu.

How is your FPS?
In BF3 can enter commands by hitting the ~ key then type, Render.drawfps 1 to turn on the FPS display.
January 7, 2013 12:36:30 PM

chocostain said:
I agree. This is really odd. I'd be frustrated as hell if this were to happen to me. Good job on being patient. You're almost there.

It is very odd. I am beginning to think that there is either a problem with the USB ports, the CPU or even the RAM, but all tests, including stress test do not report any errors or system instability. PC runs a dream except for this one very annoying problem. I am just thinking of changing the motherboard and cpu to something different. Not something I want to do but I built this rig for gaming, and as I cant game with it, its kind of become pointless and useless.

wanderer11 said:
Have you tried other USB ports? Maybe the one you are using is wonky.

Tried all USB ports buddy.

JamesSneed said:
Do you have Lucid Virtu installed? As that could be giving you problems. There are settings etc to tweak but at this point if you have Lucid Virtu installed easiest way to diagnose is uninstall and reboot.

Your monitor is connected to your GTX 680 not the on board graphics ports? Some folks do connect to on-board and install Lucid Virtu.

How is your FPS?
In BF3 can enter commands by hitting the ~ key then type, Render.drawfps 1 to turn on the FPS display.

Its not installed, there is also a setting in the BIOS regarding Lucid Virtu and this is also disabled.
January 7, 2013 12:47:05 PM

JamesSneed said:

How is your FPS?

Yes, I have the monitor plugged into the GTX680.

I am getting over 200fps in StarCraft 2. Just done yet another fresh install of Windows 8 so have not got any of the other games installed at the moment.

One thing that I forgot to mention was when I had BF3 installed, if i used an XBOX 360 controller, the game was smooth, no stuttering, choppiness etc.
January 7, 2013 12:49:21 PM

Thanks, chaps, I will give that a try. :) 
a c 273 U Graphics card
January 7, 2013 3:22:59 PM

This next topics has been merged by Mousemonkey
  • Strange Mouse Pointer Problem
    January 7, 2013 6:12:29 PM

I see my other topic has been merged with this one.

I would like to point out that the dual mouse pointer has been resolved and only happened today.

That problem, has or indeed had nothing to do with the continuing mouse stuttering/choppiness in games.

I am seriously thinking of ditching the ASUS mobo and probably upgrading the CPU at the same time.

Anyone have any recommendations on a motherboard better than the Maximus V Extreme and a CPU to match?

January 8, 2013 4:34:27 PM

OK, so a little update.

I tried a PS/2 mouse today and there is no change. I had the USB mouse removed while testing.

Could a fault with the CPU cause issues like this, or would it be more like the RAM?

I also just read something interesting on the Logitech website. I have a Logitech G19 Keyboard and the G13 game pad. There is a thread on the Logitech Support Forum which indicates a problem with the G19 and certain motherboard chipsets. Namley the x58 and 790i chipsets.

Here is a link to that thread http://forums.logitech.com/t5/G-Series-Gaming-Keyboards...

Although my mobo has the x77 chipset, I will be trying some of these things, but I am away from that rig at the moment so cant try what Logitech recommend.

Has anyone had any experiences of keyboards causing issues with USB ports etc?
    a c 291 U Graphics card
    January 8, 2013 4:40:05 PM

Let's get this clear: do you get stuttering while turning camera or the pointer of the mouse is stuttery?
    a b U Graphics card
    January 8, 2013 4:42:50 PM

Good point Sunius. I get stuttery movement in Skyrim and Metro 2033 unless I use an fps limiter and vsync.
    January 8, 2013 5:36:28 PM

Sunius said:
    Let's get this clear: do you get stuttering while turning camera or the pointer of the mouse is stuttery?

Yes, I suppose I should have made that clearer.

When I say stuttering, I mean the camera stutters while turning, not the mouse pointer.

Lets see if I can explain a little better.

Take StarCraft 2 as an example. If I use the keyboards arrow keys to move around the map its fine, very smooth and no stuttering. But if I use the mouse and click and drag on the map navigation box at the bottom left of the screen in the game, the camera movement is stuttering.

BF3 is the worst, the stuttering seems to be more amplified in this game for reasons unknown to myself. But the odd thing here is that if I use an XBOX 360 controller to aim, the game is smooth and there is no stuttering. I have tried to use the mouse while the 360 controller is still plugged in, as some have had success with doing it that way, but sadly for myself it makes no difference to the stuttering.

Skyrim, MW2 and CS:S are pretty much the same in terms of the amount of stuttering.

I checked the polling rate of one of my mice and it maxes out at 1000hz so its not a low polling speed thats causing it.

I am really begging to feel as though there is an underlying hardware issue somewhere, but I feel its either going to be a nightmare to find out exactly whats causing it, or its going to be expensive to fix. I can deal with having to buy a new mobo, ram or cpu, but I really dont want to have to buy 2 new GTX680's!!! Especially as they have had the stock heatsinks taken off and replaced with EK Waterblocks!
    a c 291 U Graphics card
    January 8, 2013 6:17:18 PM

Did you try both cards individually?
    January 8, 2013 6:28:27 PM

Sunius said:
    Did you try both cards individually?

Yes, I have tried them individually. Although I have not removed which ever one I was not using as the motherboard allows me to disable certain slots with a switch on the motherboard.
    a b U Graphics card
    January 8, 2013 6:32:08 PM

DoZZa said:
    Yes, I suppose I should have made that clearer.

When I say stuttering, I mean the camera stutters while turning, not the mouse pointer.

Lets see if I can explain a little better.

Take StarCraft 2 as an example. If I use the keyboards arrow keys to move around the map its fine, very smooth and no stuttering. But if I use the mouse and click and drag on the map navigation box at the bottom left of the screen in the game, the camera movement is stuttering.

BF3 is the worst, the stuttering seems to be more amplified in this game for reasons unknown to myself. But the odd thing here is that if I use an XBOX 360 controller to aim, the game is smooth and there is no stuttering. I have tried to use the mouse while the 360 controller is still plugged in, as some have had success with doing it that way, but sadly for myself it makes no difference to the stuttering.

Skyrim, MW2 and CS:S are pretty much the same in terms of the amount of stuttering.

I checked the polling rate of one of my mice and it maxes out at 1000hz so its not a low polling speed thats causing it.

I am really begging to feel as though there is an underlying hardware issue somewhere, but I feel its either going to be a nightmare to find out exactly whats causing it, or its going to be expensive to fix. I can deal with having to buy a new mobo, ram or cpu, but I really dont want to have to buy 2 new GTX680's!!! Especially as they have had the stock heatsinks taken off and replaced with EK Waterblocks!

Download this, click on the little "x" with tools icon then set "frame rate limiter" to 73 or 58 in the games that stutter with mouse movement. See if it helps.

Nvidia Inspector:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/NVIDIA-Inspector-1.94-downl...
    a c 134 U Graphics card
    January 8, 2013 7:30:05 PM

CS:S you will demolish. Almost every game with your setup I would setup Adaptive Vsync or max suggests using Nvidia Inspector to frame limit. Also what DPI do you normally set your mice at and do you use a mouse mat/gaming pad?
    January 9, 2013 8:08:54 AM

maxalge said:
    Download this, click on the little "x" with tools icon then set "frame rate limiter" to 73 or 58 in the games that stutter with mouse movement. See if it helps.

Nvidia Inspector:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/NVIDIA-Inspector-1.94-downl...

I tried this, no change sadly.

bigshootr8 said:
    CS:S you will demolish. Almost every game with your setup I would setup Adaptive Vsync or max suggests using Nvidia Inspector to frame limit. Also what DPI do you normally set your mice at and do you use a mouse mat/gaming pad?

So are you saying that my system is too powerful for some games?

I have tried both Adaptive sync and using the frame rate limiter as above, no change.

As for gaming surfaces. I have tried a few, I have used my desk, a SteelSeries cloth mat, a Razer Megasoma, A Razer Destructor. I have tried a blank white piece of paper. All have no effect.

Today I have tried a couple of things suggested on the Logitech forums regarding the G19 causing problems with USB devices on some motherboards, again, none of these things have worked.

One other thing I have tried today is using the motherboards on-board GPU. And the stuttering still remains. So logic tells me that if it is occurring while using the on-board graphics then it cannot be my 680's as these were disabled via the switches on the motherboard. These switches disable the PCIe slots so its basically the same as removing the cards from the slots. Thats kind of a relief as I was worrying that the cards could have been faulty!

So I am very confused as to what the cause of this issue actually is. I am now leaning towards a problem with the motherboard, cant be USB controller as the stuttering still occurs when using a PS/2 mouse.

The CPU is somehow faulty. I am not sure on how to test the CPU to find out if there is any issues, all I do know is that I can run Intel Burn In Test for several hours a maximum with no problems, this is at 4.5Ghz and the temps never get above 72c. And thats in an office with 6 other rigs running, the ambient temp in here right now is 24.9c.

Or there is an issue with the RAM. Today I will run MemTest x86 for at least 4 passes and see if there are any memory problems. Just to add, I have tried varying memory speed options. I will also try just one stick in at a time.

So, I am left baffled by this problem. I have been building PC's for over 10 years and this is the first time I have been stumped on an issue.

Thanks for all your help chaps :) 
    January 9, 2013 8:12:22 AM

Just to add, I have been trying various different mouse fixes. MarkC's to be exact. Again, no difference!
    a c 134 U Graphics card
    January 9, 2013 8:41:02 AM

Yes I'm saying your dual 680's are to powerful for just about every game yes 1 would be more then enough 2 now you are just asking to push up the settings on multiple monitors or run 3D on more then one display.

Also, your CPU isn't necessarily faulty CPU chips are made with silicon and because of this sometimes you get CPU's that overclock better then others in this case you seem to have a decent overclock and it still leaves you with nice load temps I suspect so don't discount that.

Its possible for your usb controller to be out of wack it would be rare I'm sure but yea its possible.

And in terms of the gaming surfaces I'm glad at least you gave it a try you never know shrugs.
    January 25, 2013 1:15:40 AM

Greetings all,

I am sad to say that I am also plagued with the issue being discussed in this thread. Unlike the DoZZa, I have not been building computers for years, but rather, I built my first computer 2 weeks ago. The system is as follows:

Cooler Master Haf 922 case
    Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe LGA 1155
    Intel i7 3770k
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
    EVGA Geforce GTX 680
    Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 Ram (2x8GB) 1600Mhz
    Sandisk Extreme 240GB SSD SATA 6.0 GB-s
    Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB SATA III 7200 RPM
    XFX Pro850watt PSU ATX 850
    Steel Series Sensei 5700 DPI laser gaming mouse
    Razer BlackWidow Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
    Lite-On LightScribe SATA 24x DVD writer
    Rosewill Internal Card Reader (3.5 inch 74 in one)
    ASUS VH236H Monitor

Everything seems to be working well, however, like DoZZa, I am having this strange mouse stuttering while in games. Granted, all of the games I am playing are via Steam, so I am not sure if that is a contributing factor. I have experienced this stuttering in all the games I have played so far, which consist of Oblivion, Skyrim, TF2 and Planet Side 2. Like the OP, when using the keyboard to move forward / backward or side-to-side, everything is smooth (except in Oblivion, which seems to have its own issues) however, the moment I look around with my mouse, there is this strange choppy/stuttering quality. Its like a ticking, as if I was getting an extremely low frame rate. It’s hard to see when I am moving my mouse fast. But when I am moving it slow, it’s very apparent. It’s constant. Fraps is reading a stable 60 FPS. It’s present on high and low graphics settings.

I have spent hours reading online for a fix for this, and have yet to find it. Besides this thread, I have found 2 others on Tom’s Hardware that seem to have the same problem – yet no one can seem to fix it.

(the 2 others I have found)

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/281208-31-movement-game-choppy-mouse-windows-64bit-5850

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/356153-28-mouse-stutter-games

I have tried all of the usual suggestions, turning off certain mouse enhancements here and there, tweaking in game settings, all to no avail. I originally bought a cheap 17 dollar mouse from Amazon (Cobra 3lue High Precision Gaming Mouse) which seemed to get good reviews, but when I encountered this problem, I went out and bought the $100 Steel Series Sensei Gaming Mouse because it was supposed to be ‘smoother’. While it certainly glides smoother on the variety of surfaces I have tried, The original problem still remains.

DoZZa, or anyone one else, If you figure this out, PLEASE post a solution. While my system is certainly not as beefy as DoZZa’s, I still spent a fair deal of money on it, and spent long hours researching my system so that it would be optimized to be able to run smooth graphics. This mouse issue is significantly detracting from my ability to enjoy my computer.

I am about to start gutting my computer to the bare basics, in an attempt to find any other clues about what is going on. I’ll post if I find anything.

Thanks for your help.

February 24, 2013 12:06:59 AM

Hello DoZZa. I have this exact problem. It will make a relatively smooth running game seem like a stuttering mess. The keyboard movement is as smooth as can be, as soon as I start to turn with the mouse, choppiness. It has nothing to do with vsync settings, if it did, it would be affecting ALL motion in a game, not just the mouse movements. I have actually tried a PS/2 mouse and the problem actually got worse. Funny as it sounds, turning is completely smooth with an xbox 360 gamepad. If you have access to one, try it. It is definitely something to do with the mouse input. I have tried different settings within games, windows mouse settings, trying different mice and I have recently performed a major hardware upgrade, involving new MB, processor, ram, ssd, power supply and a fresh install of windows 7 HP 64bit. Nothing up to this point has worked, besides using a gamepad, and I don't want to use a gamepad to play my PC games. I've found so many different websites that discuss mouse issues and have had numerous people posting their theories and solutions, all of which have never worked. No one has been able to resolve this issue. I think, maybe, we must be more sensitive to this issue than most, since most people seem confused as to what we're talking about. They spout the same tired nonsense about drivers, mouse settings and even recommend full reinstallations of operating systems, but I can tell you from recent experience, this does absolutely nothing in the way of fixing the issue. Again, try a gamepad, and you will be pleasantly surprised at how your PC can actually handle the games flawlessly, then become utterly disappointed at how a mouse can completely $%^& up your experience. Here's to finding a solution, cheers.
    March 14, 2013 7:59:43 PM

Has anyone found a fix yet im also having the same problem and im about to explode with all the frustration. Also just a quick note, this problem never existed for me until I installed BF3
    March 15, 2013 8:04:01 AM

Well, it is both a relief to see that others are experiencing the same issue as me, but also sad at the same time.

I have recently re-built my system with an RMA replacement motherboard from ASUS as there was a fault with the original motherboard.

I have also completely re-designed the cooling system, added new rads and various other bits and pieces. And a fresh install of a fully legal copy of Windows 8 Pro.

However, the problem still remains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I did try a 360 controller and yes the gameplay was indeed smooth. But I did not build a system like this to use a 360 controller, I hate game controllers anyway!

I would like to see a list of hardware from other members who are having this issue so we can compare the hardware.

So far from the details that CircularReason gives above, there are a few items that are common across our build.

1. i7 3770k
    2. ASUS mobo
    3. SSD
    4. GTX 680

Prehaps you could add your hardware specs please Crazy Steeve?

If anyone else comes across this thread and are suffering from the exact same issue, please could you add your hardware details as I feel it is hardware related and not software.
    March 15, 2013 8:11:24 AM

lambofgod008 also has an ASUS mobo.
    April 30, 2013 8:10:44 AM

I'm guessing no one has found a solution to this? I'm having the exact same problem. The common factors here are an ASUS motherboard and GTX graphics cards (mine are dual GTX550 Ti). It did it before I had an SLi set up as well.

Perhaps it's something to do with the combination of ASUS and nVidia?

May 5, 2013 6:17:16 AM

evildave said:
    I'm guessing no one has found a solution to this? I'm having the exact same problem. The common factors here are an ASUS motherboard and GTX graphics cards (mine are dual GTX550 Ti). It did it before I had an SLi set up as well.

Perhaps it's something to do with the combination of ASUS and nVidia?

Not really, I have 7970 CFX and am experiencing the same exact issue. I have an ASUS P8H77V-LE mobo, though. Issue also happened before the CFX setup, so I don't think it's related to it.
    May 5, 2013 6:27:58 AM

So could the fault lie on ASUS' doorstep? There must be a common piece of all our set ups that is causing this, whether it be hardware or software. DoZZa has been quiet for sometime - did you find a solution?
    June 9, 2013 5:01:15 PM

Well, it's been a while since I came here, as I have, at this point, given up on ever finding a solution. I do have an asus board, and have had one since this problem seemed to have started. I have, however, been through both nvidia and amd. I had two 6970's in a cfx setup, before. The problem was there then, and it's there now. I was hoping that after all this time, maybe someone found something.
    June 10, 2013 12:59:34 AM

I am experiencing similar problems. Like the rest of you, I have an ASUS mobo, but I've only got a single 7950. I'm starting to suspect that this is an ASUS problem...
    June 10, 2013 6:31:21 AM

I had this problem but I fixed it by uninstalling open AL
    June 21, 2013 7:02:35 AM

I Also An now having this problem and Looking for a sulitoin I just happened yestarday out of no where I and it's only happening on StarCraft 2.... After months of working fine it the screen randomly stutters when I move the mouse only! If I don't do anything my graphics are fine the game play is fine, and I've tried everything and can't find a solution I also built the pc for gaming.

I Have a Asus Sabbertooth R2.0 990fx MB

AMD fx black 8350 process eight cores.....

Xfx radeon 7970 GPU not the ghz edition

16 gb of the red corssiar Ram (2x8 gb sticks i can't remember the mhz and the number right now but they are the gaming ram.)

And a Cossair SSHD for the operating system

a WD Green 3TB drive that the game is on.

Really agrivated I have they system maxed out with fans except one spot and 900watt or 1000watt power supply.
    I've ran it for months With 0 over clocking not a single problem and I still don't over clock a thing i don't think I need to.

please help if you can

Things I've tried
    Lowering graphics
    lowering framsperseconds
    editing the SC2 txt file to set frame caps etc
    Unintalling the program and reinstalling it

The only thing I've done different to my computer is I've switched to bitdefender from AVG bit the game was still working fine after that, to just randomly mess up no doesn't make sense, after 2 weeks of not....
    July 2, 2013 7:23:04 PM

Did anyone find a solution to this problem? I just upgraded my graphics card to a Radeon 7950 and am no having this exact issue. Game play is fine with 360 pad but with mouse I can forget about playing. I have an AsRock 890 Delux 4 mother board. So I am not sure what to do. I upgraded everything got 3 brand new monitors and now I cannot play a single game.
    July 3, 2013 6:44:50 AM

awilliams4806 said:
    Did anyone find a solution to this problem? I just upgraded my graphics card to a Radeon 7950 and am no having this exact issue. Game play is fine with 360 pad but with mouse I can forget about playing. I have an AsRock 890 Delux 4 mother board. So I am not sure what to do. I upgraded everything got 3 brand new monitors and now I cannot play a single game.

After talking to Blizzard, and AMD I found there was another program that was running in the background or stopping full access to the game at hand an that's what was causing my problem. I'm at work at home but when I get home I'll post what I used to correct my problem.

!