Sign in with
Your question

Budget Gaming PC

Last response: in Systems
February 25, 2013 6:59:47 AM

Hi friends, my name is Swapnil Tiwari I am an Indian and reside in New Delhi, India. This is my first time building a PC(from scratch). My objective is to play upcoming games i.e. Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, Crysis 3, GTA V, Watch Dogs etc at 1920x1080 resolution on very high(if not ultra) settings at 60+ FPS. My Budget is rs100,000($1,850). I have finalized all the parts and will start buying them in 1 week and will start building in 1-2 weeks. The list of components is below :

Motherboard : ASRock Z77 Pro 3 Motherboard

Processor : Intel 3.4 GHz LGA 1155 Core i5 3570K Processor

Graphic Card : ZOTAC NVIDIA AMP! Edition GeForce GTX 670 (ZT-60302-10P) 2 GB DDR5 Graphics Card

RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) PC RAM (CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10)

Cabinet : Cooler Master HAF 912 Combat Mid Tower Cabinet

PSU : Corsair CMPSU-800GUK 800 Watts PSU

HDD : WD Caviar Green 1 TB Desktop Internal Hard Drive (WD10EARX)

SSD : OCZ Agility 3 60 GB SSD Internal Hard Drive (AGT3-25SAT3-60G)

Monitor : BenQ 24 inch LED - GL2450HM Monitor

CPU Cooler : Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Cooler

Optical Drive : HP dvd1260i DVD Burner Internal Optical Drive

Keyboard and Mouse : Microsoft Desktop 2000 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo

Speakers : iball Raaga 2.1(an Indian Brand)

Headphones : Sennheiser HD 201 Headphone

Operating System : Windows 7 Ultimate

If you think my configuration is good enough for my needs, please let me know and if you think some improvements could be made by replacing some parts for others, please suggest me and yeah if you have to suggest please keep the price difference in mind as anything you suggest would be at least 30% more expensive here in India. Thank You all and waiting for your replies !!

More about : budget gaming

February 25, 2013 7:08:44 AM

1) you don't need 800W of PSU... if you plan on SLI in the future take 700+W...if you don't plan on SLI in the future then take 550+W...

2) don't take Caviar Green... it's very slow... take WD black or blue...

3) take dual channel kit instead of single kit of ram if you want to increase a little bit of performance... if you take a single kit and that ram failed then poof you can't use your computer anymore until you replace that faulty ram... if you take dual channel kit then you will still be able to use your computer if one of the ram failed...
February 25, 2013 7:12:34 AM

TimeLass said:
1) you don't need 800W of PSU... if you plan on SLI in the future take 700+W...if you don't plan on SLI in the future then take 550+W...

3) take dual channel kit instead of single kit of ram if you want to increase a little bit of performance... if you take a single kit and that ram failed then poof you can't use your computer anymore until you replace that faulty ram... if you take dual channel kit then you will still be able to use your computer if one of the ram failed...

1) I am gonna be keeping this PSU just to be future proof if i need to OC or set up SLI.

2) Yeah I will replace it with Blue

3) Youre right my next alternative was G.Skill Ripjaw(2 X 4 GB)

Thankss !!
Related resources
February 25, 2013 7:15:03 AM

TimeLass said:

One more question, will my GTX 670 be able to max out Crysis 3 on 1080p ?
February 25, 2013 8:05:41 AM

Of course it will.It's a great card
!