vgsmail on Nokia 6680

Last response: in Brands
Share
June 15, 2005 5:06:49 AM

This may be a bit OT, but I'm getting no reply at all from the vgsmail
team...

Has anyone used this service on a 6680? (Specifically the Java midlet
version) Whenever I try to send a message, it waits for a while then
says 'Cannot connect to server'. I tried this both with and without a
currently active GPRS/WAP connection. I suspect I need to change some
settings to allow the midlet to access the network, but I have no idea
what!

btw, I can use the WAP version through a browser with no problems, but
the Java client would be much more convenient.

Alternatively, has anyone had success with any other similar SMS
service?

More about : vgsmail nokia 6680

July 6, 2005 5:17:11 AM

A follow up to this problem: I recently had my firmware updated by
Orange (to version 35) and now vgsmail works without any problems.
!