MSI N8400GS-D1GD3H/LP

dclift30

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
Hello,
After intalling my new MSI N8400GS-D1GD3H/LP video card, all I got was the splach screen and nohing more. Here are my specs.

MSI 975x platinum power up ed. 2.X (bios updated to lates)
600W power supply
2GB memory Kingston pc6400
Windows XP Pro 32-bit

I know the PCI-E slot works because my old card still works in it. I know the Video card works because I put it in another computer and it was fine. I think it has something to do with my MB settings. PCIE Voltage?

Please help.

Thank you.

dclift30

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
ok, I uninstalled my old video card drivers in device manager, shut down, installed new card, and same results. Splash screen and thats it.

When we swapped it in another computer, we didnt uninstall the previous drivers and it worked.

I'm open to any other suggestions, please.

dclift30

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
I think there's been a mis-understanding of where exactly the system is hanging up. It's hanging up at the bios flash screen (the spaceship graphic) not allowing even enter bios.

I tried booting with a start-up disk, same result. t's not alowing the system to even get to start windows, so it can't be a regestry issue. I'm pretty sure it's a hardware conflict but it doesn't make sence that 2 products by the same company aren't compatible.

Also, my current card is and MSI nvidia as well, its a NX7100-256

dclift30

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
Ok, so I went bare bones on my system to find where the hardware conflict was, only running CPU, one stick of ram and video card. Still doesnt boot past the bios flash screen. For all that have a MSI 975X Platinum Power up edition MB, the MSI N8400GS-D1GD3H/LP VGA card is not compatable.