Computer won't boot if graphics card is attached

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackterminal

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
I recently upgraded (a bit) my computer and was doing fine for a week until one afternoon, it hangs up and crashed while I am playing a game. It worked fine again but can only play game (CoD4 MW and NFS Undercover) for about 15 minutes and then hangs up again in which I had to reboot my computer. After those incidents I decided not to play those games anymore. But this evening, I left my computer idle (no apps running), and also turn off the monitor. After about 30 minutes when I came back, I found out that my computer hangs up again and when I reboot it, all I get is "no signal" on the monitor. Sometimes computer beeps 4 times, sometimes 5. I tried removing my graphics card and plugged VGA cable on board and it turned on. Can you tell me what is the problem why my computer won't boot if the graphics card is attached?

CPU: Intel Pentium Dual Core E2160 1.80GHz
MoBo: Emaxx EMX-IG31-AVL
RAM: 3GB DDR2 (1GB 667MHz + 2GB 800MHz)
Graphics Card: Palit GeForce GT220 1GB DDR3 128bit
PSU: Powerlogic ATX 500w

Please help.

Solution
umm if you experienced system freeze while gaming it can mean the video card is overheating and the system is trying to save itself by performing the freeze...you might have fried your video card

blackterminal

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
Ouch. That was a newly purchased graphics card. Anyway, I'm going to the shop where I purchased it and see if the warranty still covered that kind of problem. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the reply btw

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS