How much Can I sell my PC for?

pluke the 2

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
I bought this PC a few years ago and assembled it. I'm looking to build another PC how much could I or should I sell this for on Craigslist. This is for sale in the US.

Thanks in advance!

Case: Antec Twelve Hundred V3 Black Full Tower
Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty P67
CPU: Intel Core i5‐2500K (Overclocked to 4.5GHZ)
Memory: CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB DDR3 Ram 1600MHZ @CL7
Main Hard Drive: 120GB SSD
(2) Secondary Raid 0 1TB: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3
Graphic Card: GIGABYTE Radeon HD GV-R787OC-2GD.
Power Supply: AX650 650W
Blue Ray DVD: Samsung Blue Ray
(3) Monitors: VH242H Black 23.6" 5ms HDMI Full 1080P

BONUS ITEMS that come with PC

Legitimate Copy of Windows 7 64Bit
G15 Mouse & Keyboard
Mouse Pad if needed

unoriginal1

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012
honestly I wouldn't pay over 700-800 for the entire setup. I think 1100 is very generous. But like he said to the right person. It could definitely happen. Good luck selling hope you get the most out of it!

*edit* If and when you list it on craigslist. Ive had a lot of success by listing HIGH. So put it on there for say 1400 and i'll bet you someone offers you 1k thinking they just got a smashing deal ;).

I agree with unoriginal1on the system price and sell the monitors separately.

echamberlin8

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Where would you guys suggest selling one's old custom-built PC? I have an older computer (its specs are AMD Phenom(tm) 9350e Quad-Core Processor, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4850 video card), and I'm aiming to sell it once I buy a new one. You think Craigslist is the best option? What about eBay?

I will take note and sell my monitor and the rest of the PC separately.

EBay, you have to deal with shipping it, them getting it and saying everything works, nothing getting damaged during shipping, pay Ebay and paypal fees, and all that. I'd just go local and try craiglist.

echamberlin8

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

Thanks!

pluke the 2

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
Hey quick question. I don't want to start another thread. If I wanted to upgrade my computer to play the best video games out now and in the future and to stay current with the motherboard platforms, what should I be upgrading in my build?

Just a couple facts, I play on 1 monitor @ 1920 x 1080 Resolution. The other two monitors are just for multi tasking which I do when playing a game that has breaks...

Case: Antec Twelve Hundred V3 Black Full Tower
Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty P67
CPU: Intel Core i5‐2500K (Overclocked to 4.5GHZ)
Memory: CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB DDR3 Ram 1600MHZ @CL7
Main Hard Drive: 120GB SSD
(2) Secondary Raid 0 1TB: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3
Graphic Card: GIGABYTE Radeon HD GV-R787OC-2GD.
Power Supply: AX650 650W
Blue Ray DVD: Samsung Blue Ray
(3) Monitors: VH242H Black 23.6" 5ms HDMI Full 1080P

I'm leaning towards replacing the motherboard and hoping that the newer motherboard sockets are compatible with my i5. Or replacing both my motherboard and i5 and selling the two to offset the costs?

Well the new Intel CPU's coming out in a few months are going to be a whole new socket, so buying anything now will not work with a new chip in say 6 months. So far, there doesn't seem to be anything worthwhile in the new chips though to warrant switching everything. Time and benchmarks will tell.

As you see, there is no future proof. Stuff changes, probably soon enough DDR4 will start to hit and all DDR3 will be 3x as much money and hard to find, intel changes chip sockets like underwear, so every new generation doesn't work with the last. One plus where I can give AMD credit is making Am,AM2,AM3, AM3+ or whatever it is compatible boards that work with a few generations of chips. You can buy a board and run an old Phenom II in it or a brand new FX with no problems.