Whens sdram comming down in price?

thefunkeymonkey

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2001
Before christmass, pc133 sdram was dirt cheap. Now it costs a lot more. Asuming do to with supply and demand. Any ideas of when its comming down in price? As ive only got 256mb of pc133 sdram:(.

FatBurger

Illustrious
My prediction is that it won't get cheaper. Prices were unrealistically low. Some say Micron was driving prices into the ground so they could buy out other companies (they appear to be buying Hynix), but who knows.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

Tiberius13

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2002
Prices have fallen over the last week or so.... but overall I wouldn't expect prices to fall much.... if anything, they may be headed up more... I'm stocking up now during this mini-dip.

The price I'm referring too is based on www.crucial.com where I have watched the 512mb DDR PC2100 stick go down almost $20 US from approx. $162 to $143

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Prices are definitely not going down significantly any time soon. I don't expect any changes in RAM prices for at least another 6 months.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor