First New Build. I need your opinions and help

gonzdan

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Hello everyone this is my first post and also my first new build. I already have purchased most parts but wanted you guys opinions and guidance before starting assembly.

I will be using it mostly for video editing, transcoding and encoding and occasional gaming.

Parts:

CASE : Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced
PROCESSOR: I7 3770K
MEMORY: Corsair Vengence 1600 ddr3 32gb
MOTHERBOARD: Asrock z77 pro4
CPU COOLER: Corsair H70
POWER SUPPLY: Thermaltake TPG 750M
SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 Series 2.5" Solid State Drive (SSD)
HDD: 4 x Seagate ST2000DM001 Barracuda 7200 rpm 2tb sata (8TB total)
GRAPHICS CARD: I need some help with this one ????

Am I missing any parts?

Also the H70 has paste applied, is it better to use that paste or remove and apply higher quality paste?

gonzdan

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

Thanks Big Troll, The reason I went with the motherboard I selected is it has 4 sata3 6gb/s so I figured I could connect the ssd to one and 3 hard drives to the others. Also I hear what you are saying about the hard drives but I thought windows had an issue with hard drives over 2tb. I keep ALOT of movies for streaming on my pc so thats why I need the storage. I might look into a nas sometime in the future.

After reading a little bit more I want to makes sure I am correct. I am going to use the ssd as my boot drive so does that mean using the 4tb drives for strictly data is not a issue with windows 7 64 bit?

Also would you recommend connecting the fans to the motherboard, psu, or buy a seperate fan controller?

gonzdan

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

Do you think I should use the installed thermal paste on the h70 or take it off and apply something else?
Is what comes on it good enough?

Thanks again

-wouldnt get x79 if you arent getting the 6 core. the i7 3770k performs a fair bit better than the 3820
-the odds of you using more thn the standard 6 drives is near zero for most users. and if you are, you are doing it wrong since by then a raid controller is ncessary
-when you upgrade, you end up costing yourself another 600 dollars for a 10% boost in performance (ivy bridge 2011 is basically ivy bridge now with more cores)
-you will want 4 dimms for x79 plaforms if you are to get it
-the 840 non pro is crap