Solved

Is A10 5800k Apu Compatible with R7770 Discrete card crossfired?

I have a A10 5800k Apu coming in tomorow with a ASUS F2A85-M PRO Mobo and my Father bought the Discrete R7770 Card today and Im asking if its compatible in a crossfire?
15 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 5800k compatible r7770 discrete card crossfired
  1. Best answer
    No. It is only compatible only up to the Radeon HD 6670.
  2. It is not capable, it's actually called dual graphics when you're using the APU. The 7770, is a decent card any way. I'm not the most hard core gamer, but mine is still enough for me. I would just run it on it's own.
  3. so should i return it and get the HD 6670 or keep it and just use that as the gpu
  4. ^^^

    The Radeon HD 7670 is merely the old Radeon HD 6670 with a new name.
  5. fluxworld said:
    so should i return it and get the HD 6670 or keep it and just use that as the gpu


    Hybrid crossfire with the Radeon HD 6670 will be slower than the Radeon HD 7770 by itself.
  6. fluxworld said:
    so should i return it and get the HD 6670 or keep it and just use that as the gpu


    If you return the 7770, you will actually get lower performance with the 6670/7670. In your position, I might return the APU and motherboard for an FX 4300 along with an AM3+ board. It'd allow you to have an upgrade path where the CPU is concerned.
  7. samuelspark said:
    If you return the 7770, you will actually get lower performance with the 6670/7670. In your position, I might return the APU and motherboard for an FX 4300 along with an AM3+ board. It'd allow you to have an upgrade path where the CPU is concerned.


    He may get better performance with the 7770 but at an upgrade standpoint AMD's next generation APU will be released in the secound half of 2013 nicknamed Kaveri


    http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/07/amd-temash-kabini-richland-kaveri-apu/
  8. ikes9711 said:
    He may get better performance with the 7770 but at an upgrade standpoint AMD's next generation APU will be released in the secound half of 2013 nicknamed Kaveri


    http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/07/amd-temash-kabini-richland-kaveri-apu/


    Is that on FM2?
  9. NExt Question!!! WHat is the best 6670 Graphics card I can get right now for the lowest price
  10. So far the expectations are that Kaveri will be socket FM2. However, there is not confirmation as of yet.

    So... probably to most likely would be my answer.
  11. fluxworld said:
    NExt Question!!! WHat is the best 6670 Graphics card I can get right now for the lowest price


    Why do you want a 6670? It is not worth it.
  12. fluxworld said:
    NExt Question!!! WHat is the best 6670 Graphics card I can get right now for the lowest price

    just keep the 7770. even with dual graphics, it's just not worth it;

    http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/cpu/46157-amd-a10-5800k-dual-graphics-evaluation/?page=2

    in other reviews, you'll see a few fps boost at best between dual graphics and a discrete 6670. at that point, you may as well use that 7770 as a discrete card. not the greatest pairing, but it's better.
  13. samuelspark said:
    Is that on FM2?

    Yes it will be
  14. you can do dual-graphics with the 7750 at least, but no proof with the 7770. I wonder myself if 7750+5800k is better or same than just the 7770 if it cant be used in dual graphics...
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Asus Compatibility Crossfire Graphics