Sign in with
Your question
Solved

New Build for Gaming

Last response: in Systems
February 25, 2013 11:13:25 PM

So here is the build trying to keep the price below $1,200 but I don't mind exceeding it. Its at $1,168 at the moment, also heard that cyberpowerpc overcharges for crappy HDDs so I put the least expensive of the selection and will more than likely go out a buy a better cheaper one.

CAS: * Apevia X-Plorer 2 Mid-Tower Case w/ Side-Panel Window and MultiMeter Display [-45] (Black Color with 200mm UV Blue LED Fan)
CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
COOLANT: Standard Coolant
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3570K 3.40 GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)
CS_FAN: Maximum 120MM Color Case Cooling Fans for your selected case [+15] (Blue Color)
FAN: * CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo Gaming Cooling Fan [+4]
HDD: 500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 7200 RPM HDD [-12] (Single Drive)
IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
KEYBOARD: AZZA Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard
MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (G.SKILL Ripjaws X [+9])
MOTHERBOARD: * [CrossFireX] ASUS P8Z77-V LX Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ IRST, Lucid Virtu MVP, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 2x PCIe x16 (1 Gen3, 1 Gen2), 2x PCIe x1 & 3 PCI (Extreme OC Certified) [-4]
MOUSE: AZZA Optical 1600dpi Gaming Mouse with Weight Adjustable Cartridge
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
OVERCLOCK: Extreme OC (Extreme Overclock 20% or more) [+49]
POWERSUPPLY: 750 Watts - Thermaltake Smart Series SP-750M 80 Plus Bronze Modular Power Supply [+46]
SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
SOUND: ASUS Xonar DG 5.1 Channels PCI Xonar DG Sound Card [+29]
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+178] (EVGA Superclocked [+0])

More about : build gaming

February 26, 2013 12:27:36 AM

Why are you shopping from CyperPowerPC?
I'm guessing you're not comfortable building this yourself?
m
l
February 26, 2013 12:32:21 AM

I like the look of the build but I would choose a brand like corsair or xfx or antec or seasonic for PSU
m
l
Related resources
February 26, 2013 12:43:18 AM

Yes, overall it's not a bad build but I've seen others that would match it on benchmark for less, with OS included and not being charged for something as simple as overclocking.

Also, I agree that Thermaltake is not a good choice for PSU, I always go with Seasonic but I know many use Corsair with great success. Another thing, why pay for a 5.1 channel PCI soundcard when onboard audio with 7.1 is probably equal or better?
m
l
February 26, 2013 1:03:41 AM

Build it yourself for about $900 ,O.S. and all and follow the above advice about psu.
It is not that hard to build and is very rewarding...
m
l
February 26, 2013 1:04:34 AM

skip the sound card unless you got a 5.1 sound system. onboard is plenty except for the most pickiest of audiophiles.

get one without OCing. it takes a bit of time and patience, but you can OC that build yourself easily, and save up $49. a non-OC 3570K for now can do fine, all while you take your time to get used to OCing.

i reckon you don't have a lot of choice with the PSU, being a prebuilt and all, though if you can, do as what the people above said; get a quality brand PSU from Corsair, Antec or Seasonic.

any cheaper than the build you post above,and you're looking to build one yourself. with the right deal and maybe a Microcenter nearby, it can make a huge difference between getting a 660ti, or a 670 and a larger HDD. an SSD if you're fine with a 660ti.
m
l
February 26, 2013 1:04:44 AM

Cool looking build, not bad at all but super Overpriced imo.. You can save alot by building it yourself, you should try because theres plenty of videos and forums on how to "build your own gaming rig" parts by parts and step by step..
m
l
February 26, 2013 1:07:33 AM

Hazle said:
skip the sound card unless you got a 5.1 sound system. onboard is plenty except for the most pickiest of audiophiles.

get one without OCing. it takes a bit of time and patience, but you can OC that build yourself easily, and save up $49. a non-OC 3570K for now can do fine, all while you take your time to get used to OCing.

i reckon you don't have a lot of choice with the PSU, being a prebuilt and all, though if you can, do as what the people above said; get a quality brand PSU from Corsair, Antec or Seasonic.

any cheaper than the build you post above,and you're looking to build one yourself. with the right deal and maybe a Microcenter nearby, it can make a huge difference between getting a 660ti, or a 670 and a larger HDD. an SSD if you're fine with a 660ti.

True, though an Overclocked 660ti can match some 670 and 680 on some benchmarks. a gtx660 ti is a good enough mid/high settings for newer games and you can also SLI it for a higher fps/benchmark score imo..
m
l
February 26, 2013 1:07:42 AM

Hazle said:

True, though an Overclocked 660ti can match some 670 and 680 on some benchmarks. a gtx660 ti is a good enough mid/high settings for newer games and you can also SLI it for a higher fps/benchmark score imo..
m
l
February 26, 2013 1:09:20 AM

Thanks for the replies I might just end up building my own now.
m
l

Best solution

February 26, 2013 1:11:37 AM

bump me up for best answer since i kinda pointed you at the right direction brotha! =)
February 26, 2013 1:14:10 AM

Best answer selected by F4talMistake.
m
l
February 26, 2013 1:18:40 AM

DIY is the best! :) 
m
l
!