Sign in with
Your question

Nvidia Drivers constantly crashing

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 8, 2013 3:55:03 AM

Hello there, I'm having a problem with my PC i recently built. Whenever I play Planetside 2 within 10 minutes or sometimes right at startup I get a black screen and I often need to restart my PC because my screen doesn't recover. Sometimes the display will recover and I'll get a notification saying nvidia kernel drivers crashed and recovered. This is the only game it happens on as well.
I've tried to play this game with an old GPU as well (The build is about a week old so the 660 is new) and I still get this problem.
Also I've checked MSI afterburner for my GPU temps when the crashes happen and it's generally around 65C-70C.

Specs:

Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.4GHz
EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti
ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3-1600 Memory
Corsair HX750 PSU
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

EDIT: I seem to have found what was causing the issue. For some reason my second monitor seems to be the culprit. I disconnected it and now everything works absolutely fine. Anyone know why this is?
a b U Graphics card
January 8, 2013 6:00:02 AM

EclipseVS said:
Hello there, I'm having a problem with my PC i recently built. Whenever I play Planetside 2 within 10 minutes or sometimes right at startup I get a black screen and I often need to restart my PC because my screen doesn't recover. Sometimes the display will recover and I'll get a notification saying nvidia kernel drivers crashed and recovered. This is the only game it happens on as well.
I've tried to play this game with an old GPU as well (The build is about a week old so the 660 is new) and I still get this problem.
Also I've checked MSI afterburner for my GPU temps when the crashes happen and it's generally around 65C-70C.

Specs:

Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.4GHz
EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti
ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3-1600 Memory
Corsair HX750 PSU
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

I've been playing PS2 since the beta was released and have had that problem before. After a while it just stopped. Have you tried doing a clean install of the drivers ?
m
l
January 8, 2013 6:37:55 AM

I've done clean installs and tried older drivers, still nothing works. I found out if I minimize the game every 15 minutes or so for about a minute it won't crash, but it's still pretty annoying.
m
l
January 20, 2013 12:59:32 PM

i got the same problems, I downgrade to the very old driver version 296.10 but the result is same :(  I did format my computer many times, remove my drivers and done a clean install but still when i try to fly on my flight simulator or in black ops my machine get freeze, sometimes i have to shut down the computer by the start button. I'm afraid to do that many times because it brings bad sector to my hard disk, but don't have any other options. Really really annoying with customer support of Nvidia, they don't even try to fix the problem rather than skipping away.
m
l
!