Printer on Home Network

akim1220

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
So the printer I purchased about 2 months ago does not have an ethernet port to connect to my home network. The printer was on sale and at that time it was going to stay in one place. My wife moved her desk to our bedroom and keeps the printer there. Is there anyway to print from my computer in the living room? She is running vista and i'm on windows 7.

akim1220

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
thanks never knew they had something like the usb printer to network. think i will go that route and look more into it.

so i am guessing that the usb printer hub will have to connect to the router via ethernet? so in my situation, i have the modem/router on my desk. the printer will then have to be at my location?

Routersforhumans

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
There are indeed two ways to make your printer a network printer :bounce: .

(1) If your printer is wireless capable then you may configure your printer wirelessly. And hence, all the devices in your home network can print from the common printer.

(2) If your printer does not have the wireless functionality, then you can hook the printer to the wireless router's USB port and doing some settings and installing the router program, can still make your printer a wireless printer.

Indeed, there is a new router in the market which has a new functionality a new innovation. Check it out: :hello:

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/news.php?newsid=3438

Any more info, you are looking forward; feel free to post!!! :(