Questions on a new build I am putting together.

I am putting together a new build and I need some advice on the PSU
The Base Specs are
Asus Sabertooth 990fx R2.0
Amd FX 8350
32GB 1866 Gskill Ripjaws X
1 Mushkin 120 GB SSD
1 Seagate 7200 RPM 1 Terrabyte Drive
1 Seagate 7200 RPM 3 Terrabyte Drive
1 ( long term 2) Sapphire 7770 Ghz Edition Graphics cards
So the question is What is the best power source, with the lowest cost, for this build? As a side note I will probably add a few hard Drives later on so I would like some wiggle room.
4 answers Last reply
More about questions build putting together
  1. hiddenwindowsol said:
    I am putting together a new build and I need some advice on the PSU
    The Base Specs are
    Asus Sabertooth 990fx R2.0
    Amd FX 8350
    32GB 1866 Gskill Ripjaws X
    1 Mushkin 120 GB SSD
    1 Seagate 7200 RPM 1 Terrabyte Drive
    1 Seagate 7200 RPM 3 Terrabyte Drive
    1 ( long term 2) Sapphire 7770 Ghz Edition Graphics cards
    So the question is What is the best power source, with the lowest cost, for this build? As a side note I will probably add a few hard Drives later on so I would like some wiggle room.

Pretty overkill...is this a gaming build? what's your budget? monitor's resolution? do you need only the pc or monitor and OS also?
  2. It's a mix of Gaming and work related I have the monitor and I have windows 8 I run a standard resolution of 1280x1024 on a single monitor
  3. hiddenwindowsol said:
    It's a mix of Gaming and work related I have the monitor and I have windows 8 I run a standard resolution of 1280x1024 on a single monitor

I would definitely grab a new FULL HD monitor for both optimal gaming and work! How much do you plan to spend?
  4. Money is not super important on this build the top of the price range is somewhere between $175-200 for the psu
    I am looking at getting a 4K monitor in a few months
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build New Build Seagate Systems