Need help, most games have the same problem.

Hey, Ive just recently got GTA and unreal tournament. With both games the
screen is too dark. The screens brightness is on 100 and is fine with
everything else and i tried changing to 256 colours but that didnt do
anything. I dont know much about these kinds of things and its probably
something pretty simple. Any help would be greatly apprieciated. Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about need help games problem

    Hi Sumr85,

    You might just need to update your Video Card Drivers:
    Use this method: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/drivers.html

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "sumr85" <sumr85@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0CA550F8-78C0-4A1F-ABCA-FCF99DE7572B@microsoft.com...
    | Hey, Ive just recently got GTA and unreal tournament. With both games the
    | screen is too dark. The screens brightness is on 100 and is fine with
    | everything else and i tried changing to 256 colours but that didnt do
    | anything. I dont know much about these kinds of things and its probably
    | something pretty simple. Any help would be greatly apprieciated. Thanks

    Hey, Sorry im having trouble finding the one i have NVIDIA GeForce2
    MX/MX400.. could u possibly give me a link to mine? cheers.

    In news:7E505D4B-E054-495B-B604-407ABCBCB549@microsoft.com,
    sumr85 <sumr85@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > Hey, Sorry im having trouble finding the one i have NVIDIA GeForce2
    > MX/MX400.. could u possibly give me a link to mine? cheers.
    >
    > "Jimmy S." wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Sumr85,
    >>
    >> You might just need to update your Video Card Drivers:
    >> Use this method: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/drivers.html
    >>
    >> --
    >> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
    >> Jimmy S.
    >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    >>
    >> Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site:
    >> http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
    >> MS Games Help and Support Center:
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms
    >> My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
    >> rights. _________________________________________________________
    >>
    >> "sumr85" <sumr85@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>> Hey, Ive just recently got GTA and unreal tournament. With both
    >>> games the screen is too dark. The screens brightness is on 100 and
    >>> is fine with everything else and i tried changing to 256 colours
    >>> but that didnt do anything. I dont know much about these kinds of
    >>> things and its probably something pretty simple. Any help would be
    >>> greatly apprieciated. Thanks

    You probably want this one:

    http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_77.72.html (It's the GeForce drivers.)

    Galen

    without them."

    Sherlock Holmes
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?)

    Try to find the video configuration settings for the game and adjust the
    gamma to a higher value.

    "sumr85" wrote:

    > Hey, Ive just recently got GTA and unreal tournament. With both games the
    > screen is too dark. The screens brightness is on 100 and is fine with
    > everything else and i tried changing to 256 colours but that didnt do
    > anything. I dont know much about these kinds of things and its probably
    > something pretty simple. Any help would be greatly apprieciated. Thanks

Games Microsoft Windows XP