Looking for a suitable gpu

gavi7566

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
hello,
i am a new comer. i have bought a new pc last month. My specs are- intel core i5 3450 @ 3.1 ghz
asus p8h61 m lx3 motherbrd
8 gb 1333mhz ram
asus nvidia engt210 512mb graphics card
iball baby 315 micro atx cabinet and
iball XPES-251 > 251 watts psu

I am not specified with my gpu bcoz i want to playgames lke nfs most wanted 2, gta4, nfs the run, splinter cell conviction etc at 1280x768 res. at med to high settings. 1024x768 will also work. i am searching for a good gpu which can give me a suitable fps min 30. i found zotac gt630 synergy 1gb ddr3 gpu. is it good for me? If not, Please suggest me a graphics card ranging rs.4000 to rs.4500. thanks in advance.

Due to your watts I would look into changing that out first. I wouldn't feel secure placing a new card within your case. Because you are currently looking at cards that that only drive power from the slot which aren't a value to begin with as you pay 70% of what it takes to get something good. Also, even with something like a 630 you would have a real hard load on your power supply. You shouldn't have your Power supply stressed to its limits for a extended period of time. I'm not sure if that answers your question but I would go with a new power supply and then re look at what you can spend on a graphics card. Anything less then a 7770 or 650 is probably something that you shouldn't be investing your money in.

I would get something in the 550w range and the power supply I take it would have to be small. Would you by chance be able to take a picture of the inside of your case around the power supply unit I just want to see if I can help you size wise.

Cards aren't that simple it isn't a matter of nvidia versus amd. with both chip makers there are different price points where a card would be the more favorable solution. But it also depends on what one does. You sir could go with either and be just fine.