Brain Lara Cricket Installation error in WinXp

July 4, 2005 11:30:05 PM

hi
i want to install brain lara cricket in my pc but when installation
wizard checks my system it says clock speed too higher than
required..
i am using pentium 4, winxp OS.
i didnt have that problem when i had win 98.

any suggestion????
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 2:13:34 AM

Hi,

"khaliqzaman" <khaliqzaman@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message news:p 6mdnYBWOK8QSVTfRVn_vg@giganews.com...
| hi
| i want to install brain lara cricket in my pc but when installation
| wizard checks my system it says clock speed too higher than
| required..
| i am using pentium 4, winxp OS.
| i didnt have that problem when i had win 98.
|
| any suggestion????

Try installing and playing that using 95/98 Compatibility mode.

To install a program using Windows XP's Compatibility Mode, hold
down SHIFT as you insert the game CD, use My Computer to browse
to the setup program, and then skip down to step 1 in the list below:

To run an installed program using Windows XP's Compatibility Mode,
first right click the program and "Send To..." / Desktop (create shortcut).

1.. Right click on the shortcut to the program.
2.. Click on Properties.
3.. Click on the Compatibility tab.
4.. Click on Run this program in compatibility mode and select one of these:
a.. Windows 95
b.. Windows 98
c.. Windows NT 4
d.. Windows 2000
5.. Under Display settings, check mark the mode that you think that is best:
a.. Run in 256 colors.
b.. Run in 640 X 480 screen resolution.
c.. Disable visual themes.

Click on Apply.Click on Ok.Double click on the program.

Of course, let's not forget to check for any patches or updates for that game.
A good place to find them is: www.avault.com/pcrl/patches_list.asp?letter=a

If you'd like to learn more information about compatibility mode, you can click the
link in the Compatibility tab that reads "Learn more about program compatibility",
or watch this Application Compatibility Power Point Presentation:
http://support.microsoft.com/servicedesks/webcasts/wc11...

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

July 5, 2005 3:28:46 PM

Thanks Alot :)
July 5, 2005 7:16:31 PM

You're welcome, glad that helped! :-)

Cheers,
Jimmy.

"Jimmy S." <nosp@m.pls> wrote in message news:er7AncQgFHA.3936@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
| Hi,
|
| "khaliqzaman" <khaliqzaman@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message news:p 6mdnYBWOK8QSVTfRVn_vg@giganews.com...
|| hi
|| i want to install brain lara cricket in my pc but when installation
|| wizard checks my system it says clock speed too higher than
|| required..
|| i am using pentium 4, winxp OS.
|| i didnt have that problem when i had win 98.
|| any suggestion????
|
| Try installing and playing that using 95/98 Compatibility mode.
|
| To install a program using Windows XP's Compatibility Mode, hold
| down SHIFT as you insert the game CD, use My Computer to browse
| to the setup program, and then skip down to step 1 in the list below:
|
| To run an installed program using Windows XP's Compatibility Mode,
| first right click the program and "Send To..." / Desktop (create shortcut).
|
| 1.. Right click on the shortcut to the program.
| 2.. Click on Properties.
| 3.. Click on the Compatibility tab.
| 4.. Click on Run this program in compatibility mode and select one of these:
| a.. Windows 95
| b.. Windows 98
| c.. Windows NT 4
| d.. Windows 2000
| 5.. Under Display settings, check mark the mode that you think that is best:
| a.. Run in 256 colors.
| b.. Run in 640 X 480 screen resolution.
| c.. Disable visual themes.
|
| Click on Apply.Click on Ok.Double click on the program.
|
| Of course, let's not forget to check for any patches or updates for that game.
| A good place to find them is: www.avault.com/pcrl/patches_list.asp?letter=a
|
| If you'd like to learn more information about compatibility mode, you can click the
| link in the Compatibility tab that reads "Learn more about program compatibility",
| or watch this Application Compatibility Power Point Presentation:
| http://support.microsoft.com/servicedesks/webcasts/wc11...
|
| --
| Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
|
| Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
| MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
| My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.

Anonymous
July 12, 2005 12:47:44 PM