Sign in with
Your question

Computer Parts Compatible?

Last response: in Systems
February 26, 2013 6:29:27 AM

Hi guys,
I was wondering if my computer setup is okay as i never had a diy rig before.Also need you guys choice for the PSU. Hoping you guys could check it out for me.Parts are: NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal, Kingston HyperX 2x8GB black. Western Digital 3TB Green(2),A sony ODD, MSI Z77A-G45 THUNDERBOLT, Nvida GeForce GTX 630,Cooler Master Geminii S,i7 3770. Thanks!
February 26, 2013 6:47:06 AM

you dont need 16gb....is this a gaming pc?

you paired a overclocking mobo with a locked cpu

the 630 gpu is extremely slow....wont play todays games...and is a severe bottlenck.

recommend a 500w antec or corsair 80+ psu

msi is not the best company lately...doa mobos and gpu's and bad warrenty
m
l
February 26, 2013 6:55:07 AM

It is compatible, but the choices are strange. Not sure what you plan to do with those.

Are you overclocking?
Is it for gaming? For video/audio editing?

The i7 3770 (Not 3770k) does not support overclocking, but your motherboard with a Z77 chipset does. If you are not OCing, I don't see the purpose of that CM CPU fan, the stock fan that comes with your CPU is fine.

A GT 630 is not good for gaming, if that's a plan, looks like it isn't.

I really can't tell, what's the purpose of this rig?

For whatever reason you need this strange setup, this is a compatible and reliable PSU: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/pc-power--cooling-power-su...
m
l
Related resources
February 26, 2013 6:55:34 AM

Links to the parts please

As an example here are dozens of sets of Kingston HyperX RAM and some are not compatible and some are

and if you are planning on gaming its a very unwise way to spend your money
m
l
February 26, 2013 1:10:42 PM

ARICH5 said:
you dont need 16gb....is this a gaming pc?

you paired a overclocking mobo with a locked cpu

the 630 gpu is extremely slow....wont play todays games...and is a severe bottlenck.

recommend a 500w antec or corsair 80+ psu

msi is not the best company lately...doa mobos and gpu's and bad warrenty

Okay....so if thats the case,hope to change mobo and cpu to ASUS Maximus V Gene with the i5 3570k or i7 3770k. Im planning to use the pc for gaming while rendering videos.RAM im most likely gonna stay with the same,unless you have a better one :)  GPU im not sure about it though. Would like to have a Nvida one like the GTX 650? CPU heatsink and Power Supply would like recommendations from you.
m
l
!