Pocket-TV-VIdeo-In to DVD/VCR adaptor

Last response: in Home Audio
April 28, 2004 7:56:35 PM

How does one specify the adaptor used to convert from a standard DVD/VCR
to a pocket LCD TV? It looks like mini-phone (3.5mm) to RCA to my
old-fashioned eyes.

- = -
Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
April 28, 2004 7:56:36 PM

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 15:56:35 +0000 (UTC),
vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:

>How does one specify the adaptor used to convert from a standard DVD/VCR
>to a pocket LCD TV? It looks like mini-phone (3.5mm) to RCA to my
>old-fashioned eyes.

The portable/pocket TVs I've seen have a mini plug 75 ohm RF input,
not a composite vid input. So what you outlined won't work if you
plug it into the DVD/VCR composite vid out. What you need to use is
the RF out from a VCR or VCR/DVD unit, so that's a 75 ohm male F-plug
to mono male mini plug. If it's a DVD player only, you'll likely need
an RF modulator.

Gary E
--
|Gary A. Edelstein
|edelsgNO@SPAMyahoo.com.invalid (remove NO SPAM and .invalid to reply)
|"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Walt Kelly's Pogo
April 29, 2004 7:43:12 AM

In article <c6ok7j$k2p$1@reader2.panix.com>, vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:
>How does one specify the adaptor used to convert from a standard DVD/VCR
>to a pocket LCD TV? It looks like mini-phone (3.5mm) to RCA to my
>old-fashioned eyes.

Beleive it or not, on my pocket tv (A Citizen ST855), it turned out the the
wiring for the audio/video cable to TV was exactly the same pinout and wiring
that is used on a PC's soundcard to RCA type cable. It has the 1/8 stereo jack
on the one end and the red and white rca jacks on the other side. I think the
white ended up being the video and the red the audio. Saved me $20 for the
cable.

> - = -
> Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist
> http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
> ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}---
April 29, 2004 7:43:48 AM

In article <5fov801po4a4qur8r6mnlqeh58edfek6cl@4ax.com>, Gary A. Edelstein <edelsgNO@SPAMyahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
>On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 15:56:35 +0000 (UTC),
>vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:
>
>>How does one specify the adaptor used to convert from a standard DVD/VCR
>>to a pocket LCD TV? It looks like mini-phone (3.5mm) to RCA to my
>>old-fashioned eyes.
>>
>The portable/pocket TVs I've seen have a mini plug 75 ohm RF input,
>not a composite vid input. So what you outlined won't work if you
>plug it into the DVD/VCR composite vid out. What you need to use is
>the RF out from a VCR or VCR/DVD unit, so that's a 75 ohm male F-plug
>to mono male mini plug. If it's a DVD player only, you'll likely need
>an RF modulator.
>
>Gary E
My Citizen ST855 has a video/audio in.
!