MSI 670 feels like is under performing

pangdabest

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
Hey,

I have a reletively new GTX MSI 670 and it feels like recently that the card isn't quite performing the way it used to. If you could point me at what tests I need to run and what I need to do to make sure it works as it should. I've posted my specs below.

i5 3570k @ 3.4ghz
4gb vengence ram
msi 670
W7 pro, 64 bit.

None of the above are overclocked.

You can always do a benchmark comparison, like:
http://www.3dmark.com/

The only problem is you have to have something to compare to! Do you have any benchmarks from when you feel your card was performing correctly?

There is also the WEI for graphics..you could see if there is any change there..

Good Luck!

pangdabest

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
I am running the latest drivers,

My temps never go above 80c. I've watched the temps from time to time and they're always below 80c so thats never changed.

I will run a 3d mark and report back.

pangdabest

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
I'm only really playing Bf3 these days but I could of sworn it ran abit better than it does now. I should also say that I was running another 4gb stick of vengence ram which recently broke (not sure how). Could that maybe be why?

Daedalus12

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012
Those numbers seem just a little low to me, and I'm running a similar system. My guess would be the ram that broke. I would get the system back to 8 Gb, as that is a good amount to have anyway, and see if the numbers change after that.

Also, if you previously had two sticks, you are no longer running dual channel. That could make a large difference.

cooldudesubho

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
What is the model of your card?Is it a OC gtx 670?Download gpuz then click on that question mark icon then click on sensor tab to see it boost speed.Let it run for 1 min before it reaches maximum boost.

pangdabest

Honorable
Dec 31, 2012
Its the MSI version of the card. Yeah I felt like the game ran much better when I had an extra stick of ram in, although people insist that it makes no difference with bf3.

cooldudesubho

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012

MSI has lots of version.PE,TWIN FROZER,NORMAL OC and then reference.Which one is yours?Do what i said so that we can get an idea of your boost clock.