Why wont my desktop pc connect to the monitor?

millzyyyyy

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 Socket AM3+ 7.1 ATX Motherboard
AMD FX-6 6100 3.3Ghz Socket AM3+
Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866Mhz
nno3D GT 630 4GB DDR3 VGA DVI HDMI PCI-E

why wont it work?

Just got the monitor an hour ago ive tried 3 different cables two VGA and one HDMI all the parts have been ordered within a week, the monitor has signal becuse when i take it out of the pc it says no signal but it wont show bios on the screen.

the inno3D has not been installed, i need to use it to get onto the BIOS as this system is a new build so it has no OS but the motherboard does not have intergrated graphics, what can i do?

ALSO i have tried the monitor with the laptop im using and it works perfect

bs_37

Honorable
Oct 14, 2012
It may be a wild shot, how are you driving your monitor.

It may be that you are connecting to the graphic card, try connecting to the motherboard output.

It may be the case that the graphic card needs its drivers installed prior to been usable.

You may have tried this already.

Does the monitor work properly with another computer or as a second screen on a laptop.

Have you tried the cables with another computer serup.

Brian.

millzyyyyy

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013
i have a 680w psu and i think i have sussed whats wrong as ive seen videos of people using my graphics card for initial startups, i thought that the ATX12v port wasnt neccessary at all, turns out it is. my psi was made for a top mount but on my case its bottom mounted i bought extentions for everthing except that one part, would you suspect this to be the problem?

You didn't plug in your graphics card and expect it to provide graphics? Yes, that's going to be the problem. (Also, just curious, why'd you choose to go with an A6 and a GT630 instead of an A10 by itself?)

millzyyyyy

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013
i have ordered the part its estimated delivery is tomorrow and its Guaranteed is thursday, the motherboard doesnt beep at all when starting up so i am 100% sure of this being the only problem to come across

Thankyou all for your help!

MC_K7

Distinguished

Yes this has to be it. It is mandatory that you plug all the required PCI-E power connectors from the PSU to the GPU, otherwise your card won't have enough power and won't work at all.

It's actually supposed to beep once, but motherboards don't come with speakers, so don't worry about it.

MKBL

Splendid
Nov 17, 2011

Beeping can be once, twice, long or short, depending on the version of BIOS. My MSI H67 motherboard used to beep twice before its firmware was updated. Now it beeps once. You can find references on how to interpret the sound, but not very useful as they are not really accurate. There are many fragmentation depending on BIOS provider, MB maker, model, firmware version, etc.

TRENDING THREADS