carlschmieder

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
hello i have built and re built lots of pc's and laptops, software and with a screwdriver.
I had a break, from computers and have now got an acer aspire sa90 with upgraded psu 500watts G.skill ram 2G windows 7 ultimate 64bit.
the PCIE *16 slot is confusing me though CAN I FIT A PCIE 2.0 or PCIE 3.0 GRAPHICS CARD IN MY PCIE *16 SLOT?
I have found a Power Color PCS OC ATI AMD 6970 for sale and it says its a pcie *16, but on the Powercolor site it says PCIE 2.0
i have changed the card , obviously the tower case is small, but which Probably crossfire card (its a crossfire compatible motherboard) can i fit in my pcie *16 slot?
thanks

carlschmieder

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
great, i've spent ages looking for advice. nice to write to people and get a non automated response.
i couldnt get the card i wanted though, so i've narrowed it down to some others.
for the sapphire 6570 i've read reviews of some people having 30fps on this card, which sounds quite good.
while on the other hand MSI Radeon R6670 2G i cant seem to find any frames per second for this game, and an Asus 630GT, all of which i would overclock.
my price range is about £50.00
would you recommend any of these?