Sign in with
Your question
Solved

New gaming computer

Last response: in Systems
February 26, 2013 2:40:14 PM

I am building a computer so I need some advices. I want this build to be good for 6 years and want to play games in that generation in playable FPS. This day I dont want ultra or that kind of settings and 1080p is too much (720 or even 420p is good); all I want is mid settings and playable FPS. Ill play some latest dx11 titels (battlefield, skyrim, CoD, dirt 3 (and looking for upcoming gta5)...). Im not expert so ANY help is wellcome. I Also need info if parts are good one for another (PSU good enough and that kind of things). Looking for this one.

CPU-Intel Core i5 3570 - 202,80€
hdd-WD Blue 1 TB - 70,60€
ram-Crucial BallistiX Sport 2x4gb - 46,59€
cd drive-LITE-ON iHAS120-04 - 20,60€
GPU-Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 7770 - 119,82€ / Gigabyte GTX 650 Ti - 146,84 €
MOBO- Asus P8B75-V - 76,97€
case+power supply-Inter-tech Chassis JY-250 500w - 37,15€
os-Microsoft Windows 8 Professional DSP, 64-bitni, slovenian - 139,92€
===726,81/753,83€===

Budget is about 755€ and probably I am getting 650 Ti graphics. Found that on web store (http://www.mimovrste.com/katalog/20/racunalnistvo) its easy to understand even if its in slovenian.

More about : gaming computer

a b B Homebuilt system
February 26, 2013 2:51:41 PM

looks good

Best solution

February 26, 2013 2:54:34 PM

Well... with the build you just posted you will be able to play at 1920 X 1080, some games even at high or ultra settings. I would suggest to get a PSU from a well known brand
Related resources
February 26, 2013 2:59:13 PM

songorocosongo said:
Well... with the build you just posted you will be able to play at 1920 X 1080, some games even at high or ultra settings. I would suggest to get a PSU from a well known brand

It comes with case but what brand do you have in mind?
February 26, 2013 3:15:38 PM

i would suggest you get a K model cpu. get a good quality psu.

also, a 650ti while decent is a bit low, esp if you want to keep it for several years. even a high end card would of course run slower as games get heavy. so the lower you start, the more it will seem slower as years go by.
February 26, 2013 3:26:24 PM

Cons29 said:
i would suggest you get a K model cpu. get a good quality psu.

also, a 650ti while decent is a bit low, esp if you want to keep it for several years. even a high end card would of course run slower as games get heavy. so the lower you start, the more it will seem slower as years go by.

I'm not overclocking so no K's. Got any quality brand for PSU? How bad the card will be after lets say 5 years?
February 26, 2013 3:33:33 PM

Will you be OC ?
February 26, 2013 3:46:58 PM

I think you should buy stuff at Mlacom, AGT, or Sestavi.si, way cheaper.
February 26, 2013 4:45:00 PM

dawsy said:
Will you be OC ?

You cant OC with that CPU so no... And I dont like OC so no again. =)
February 26, 2013 5:27:01 PM

I might get better graphics when hd 9xxx comes out (next next generation) or nvidia from that generation.
February 26, 2013 5:47:40 PM

Is LC Power Silent Power LC600H 600 W better? Its more known brand I think and it also got higher wattage. Anything other or is this built OK for couple of years
February 26, 2013 9:50:18 PM

well, i suggester K variant because you said you want to keep it for a while, and with OC'ing, you can increase the speed to a good degree if you feel like it.

try seasonic or corsair, there are also other good brands. just dont buy a cheap *ss psu.

as for the gpu, if we look at history (just as a reference), in 2010, nvidia release the 4xx series. so lets say if you bought a gt 450 then, think how it performs now, that card is around 3 years (was releast at mid year if i recall).
that is of course normal since the new games demand faster cards.

and also, it boils down to you, if you are ok with the experience, then its ok. some replace gpu's (among others) every 2 years (like me), some buy almost every generation, some keep them for years.

anyway just my 2 cents
February 27, 2013 7:52:44 AM

Cons29 said:
well, i suggester K variant because you said you want to keep it for a while, and with OC'ing, you can increase the speed to a good degree if you feel like it.

try seasonic or corsair, there are also other good brands. just dont buy a cheap *ss psu.

as for the gpu, if we look at history (just as a reference), in 2010, nvidia release the 4xx series. so lets say if you bought a gt 450 then, think how it performs now, that card is around 3 years (was releast at mid year if i recall).
that is of course normal since the new games demand faster cards.

and also, it boils down to you, if you are ok with the experience, then its ok. some replace gpu's (among others) every 2 years (like me), some buy almost every generation, some keep them for years.

anyway just my 2 cents

Well i really dont fell like OCing. Ist stupid to me. You get lots of problems like heat or PSU... Just dont like it.

What About Gigabyte? sure after all that my budget went to 800€ but yeah its not cheap *ss anymore

Graphics really are changing and buying card may be unly thing ill upgrade later. When mine will not be good enough Ill probably buy another and use it to crossfire.
March 1, 2013 2:16:23 PM

Best answer selected by tadej petric.
!