Getting refund for graphics card, need ideas for a new one

Ok, so my ASUS gtx 550 ti busted about 2 weeks into use, so I'm returning it to newegg for a refund. I'll get $129.99 back, so what graphics card should I purchase with the refund?

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: 1-2 weeks BUDGET RANGE: <$129.99 before MIR

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST: Gaming, surfing the web, I'll be playing games like crysis, metro 2033, bf3, any Bethesda game.

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: No graphics card, this one will be a replacement. PSU: raidmax hybrid 530watt

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: amd phenom II x4 965 BE, asrock 970 extreme3 (if it's fried, which I'm hoping isn't the case, I need recommendations for a good mobo under $100, am3+ socket)

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: NEWEGG

PARTS PREFERENCES: I don't have a preference between nvidia or amd, just need one that fits my budget

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe SLI OR CROSSFIRE: in the future

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1440x900
1 answer Last reply
More about getting refund graphics card ideas
  1. Here is a list of cards that would possible fall within your budget. Series of cards that I would look to 650, 650ti, 7770, 7850. Currently within your range would be 1 gigabyte models of the 650ti, 2gb models of the 650, and 1 gigabyte models of the 7770. I would stretch myself if possible to get a 650Ti with 2 gigabytes of memory I feel the value of your money spent would be more well spent value wise with that investment then if you pay for 80% of a good card.

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/video-card/#c=115,118,79,81&sort=a5
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics