Sign in with
Your question

Final thoughts on my build

Last response: in Systems
February 26, 2013 5:08:39 PM

Hello toms hardware

I've been saving up for this system for a long time now, as my old system is 5 years old and low-profile, finally I'm ready to buy it. However before doing so I'd like to know your opinions on my build(list?).

CPU: i5 3570k | This is the preferred core for a gaming system right?

PSU: XFX 850W XXX Edition 80+ Silver | Cheaper than corsair and seasonic, and should be just as good.(?) Reason for the high wattage is, if I was gonna xfire in the future I would be able to, without having to replace my power supply.

Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | To my knowledge, a great mobo. I also like the onboard audio.

GPU: Sapphire Vapor-X 2 | This is a great graphics card right? Or should i get a nvidia?

HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 2TB | Just a hard drive

SSD: I'm not sure, recommendations please :) 

Monitor: BenQ XL240T 24"

Case: Aerocool Strike-X ST Devil Red Edition | I like the design, the size and the features of this case.

Bluray: Asus BW-12B1ST

Watercooling: Corsair H100 | I am not exactly sure about this yet.. Any other suggestions
would be appreciated.

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600mhz

So that's it. Please tell me what you guys think about it so I can buy the parts with a calm mind :) 

Thanks in advance

More about : final thoughts build

February 26, 2013 5:09:35 PM

Oh and btw, I do plan on OC'ing
m
l
February 26, 2013 5:58:21 PM

That motherboard is stupid expensive. Get something for $150. Every board that exists has onboard audio.

What GPU is that? Not enough info.
m
l
Related resources
February 26, 2013 9:52:28 PM

tiny voices said:
That motherboard is stupid expensive. Get something for $150. Every board that exists has onboard audio.

What GPU is that? Not enough info.

Yeah I agree, no reason to pay that much for a motherboard.

Quote:
The motherboards audio supports 7.1 (which i need for my headset) and has very decent audio(I'm also producing a little music) Won't it be almost the same price if I buy a cheaper mobo + a sound card?

The onboard sound on most Z77 motherboards can handle 7.1 audio, there's no need to buy a sound card.
m
l
!