Sign in with
Your question

What case haf 922 or 400r for this build? Any advice also please...

Last response: in Systems
February 26, 2013 5:41:37 PM

Hello, iam new to this forum, and this is my first build.. Iam stuck on choosing a good case with good air cooling .. Iam in between the haf922 and carbide 400r iam in the 100$ range. My build for now is the following..
Asus p8z77 lk
Gtx 660
I5 3570k
1 x 8gb corsair vengeance ram
Also would 500 w power supply be good for this?
Thanks.
February 26, 2013 6:27:05 PM

Ok thanks,,, umm well I already bought the 8 gb stick.. Can I still run it like that for now, or will I need two sticks?
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
February 26, 2013 8:03:42 PM

It will be fine. 2x4gb is optimal as it is about 5% faster but you will notice no difference.
February 26, 2013 11:56:59 PM

I own a HaF 922 case and looking at the carbide they seem very very similar. The haf looks more aggressive though. At first i loved it , it was big, mean, and tons of grills for fans to suck in air. But i grew sick of its looks and realised i should have bought the haf x. Chose a case you really love the look of. Dont worry if its too big at first because in my opinion it will last the longest out of everything you put inside it and your going to be looking at it for a long time. I love the Cosmos 2 but its too expensive haha :) 

TL;DR, Haf 922, great air flow, expansion room and quality. You wont be dissapointed.
!