Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Is 63C While overclocked under max load good for a GTX 670?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
a b U Graphics card
January 8, 2013 10:53:24 PM

Are these temps normal? I ran MSi Kombustor to benchmark and other programs also. Here is my score http://www.ozone3d.net/msi_kombustor/score_200.php?id=1...

At Idle while multitasking I am at 30C-31C

Could my temps be better if you guys use the same card? Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB Windforce?
a b U Graphics card
January 8, 2013 11:02:13 PM

Hey,

Those are some nice temps. I too have a Gtx670 Windforce, and under load (gaming) it is between 65-68C (I live in a hot climate so ambient temps are pretty high). What are your clock speeds at?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 8, 2013 11:03:28 PM

I don't have one. But that sounds perfectly fine to me, some non overclocked cards will do even worse.
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 107 U Graphics card
January 8, 2013 11:05:30 PM

Looks good to me.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 8, 2013 11:14:41 PM

fil1p said:
Hey,

Those are some nice temps. I too have a Gtx670 Windforce, and under load (gaming) it is between 65-68C (I live in a hot climate so ambient temps are pretty high). What are your clock speeds at?

:)  Thats nice happy to see you like it too, I just got the card yesterday new at microcenter. I was going to get the MSi Twin Frozr but it was out of stock and the only card left was the EVGA GTX 670 FTW which was what I chose as my last resort. Then they found out they had the Aftermarket Gigabyte GTX 670 that I wanted also but It just was a glitch online that said the Gigabyte version was out of stock.

Clocks are


Base clock: 980 MHz Boost clock: 1058 MHz Im using stock OC as I want to keep testing as is because I didn't buy a warrenty. That said I am trying to test before thirty days to ensure this card will last for years.
Memory Clock: 6008MHz


The rest are here :)  Which I copied from Microcenter so accurate by manufactorer

Chipset



GPU Manufacturer

NVIDIA



GPU Chipset

GeForce GTX 670



Number of GPUs

1



Overclocked

Yes



Core Clock Speed

980MHz



CUDA Processors

1344



Memory



Video Memory

2048MB



Memory Type

GDDR5



Memory Clock Speed

3004MHz (6008MHz Effective)



Memory Bus

256-bit



Memory Bandwidth

182.4GB/sec
m
0
l
January 8, 2013 11:33:57 PM

From my experience, those temperatures are fine and are nothing to worry about. I have the GTX 670 Windforce 4GB OC'ed to 1267 Mhz and under stress, via unhinged heaven 2.0, the highest the temps for me were 52 Celsius. However, it is currently winter here and I have a case with tons of airflow and fans. When I had my GTX 560s temps would get up to 75 Celsius at times. So again your fine, I would not worry until you start hitting 80 or above for a single card configuration.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
January 8, 2013 11:51:03 PM

I think the card comes with something like a one year or two year limited warranty though. Anyway once you are certain its all good you should try exploring the potential of that windforce cooler. Overclocking the gtx600 series is rather easy, and a bit limited due to the fact that nvidia has locked the voltage at 1.175v. But these cards still have some nice overclocking potential in them, even with the locked voltage.
Share
a b U Graphics card
January 9, 2013 10:13:54 PM

unknownxxvii said:
From my experience, those temperatures are fine and are nothing to worry about. I have the GTX 670 Windforce 4GB OC'ed to 1267 Mhz and under stress, via unhinged heaven 2.0, the highest the temps for me were 52 Celsius. However, it is currently winter here and I have a case with tons of airflow and fans. When I had my GTX 560s temps would get up to 75 Celsius at times. So again your fine, I would not worry until you start hitting 80 or above for a single card configuration.

Thanks :)  Are you playing at 5670x2560 or something ? thats alot of Vram :)  Thanks again for teling me because I don't want to be stuck with a malfuntioning 670 after 29days of use. I had a GTX 570 with 1.2GB of Vram and it reached about 78C after I was running a heavily graphicly modifyed GTA 4. Not use to something so quiet either, my card was very loud until I controlled it and turned down shadow detail, and water res.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 9, 2013 10:17:10 PM

fil1p said:
I think the card comes with something like a one year or two year limited warranty though. Anyway once you are certain its all good you should try exploring the potential of that windforce cooler. Overclocking the gtx600 series is rather easy, and a bit limited due to the fact that nvidia has locked the voltage at 1.175v. But these cards still have some nice overclocking potential in them, even with the locked voltage.

I did not want the warranty at all, by time im hoping that if this card goes crazy before the 30 days. Thats why Im not OCing more than the factory OC it until 30 days. The in-store policy says that I can return it if Its not overclocked not even by 1Mhz then I can get another card for the same price or a refund (Microcenter)
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 9, 2013 10:17:55 PM

Best answer selected by MeowMix44.
m
0
l
a c 133 U Graphics card
January 9, 2013 10:20:22 PM

meowmix44 said:
Are these temps normal? I ran MSi Kombustor to benchmark and other programs also. Here is my score http://www.ozone3d.net/msi_kombustor/score_200.php?id=1...

At Idle while multitasking I am at 30C-31C

Could my temps be better if you guys use the same card? Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB Windforce?



Great card and yea temps look pretty awesome :sol:  And he may be playing on a 1200p or 1440p screen 2560 jeez that would murder any card out now :p 
m
0
l
!