ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Ok, so I'm *totally* new to c++, but I've got a 'bible' and a set of c++ tools.

How do I go about writing a 'trainer' for Aoe2?

Nothing really fancy, but some 'drop-down' windows might be nice for selections.

<font color=blue>I hacked Msft, and all I got was this lousy source code.....</font color=blue>

Red_Zealot

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2001
Whoa...settle down....
You ever programmed b4? which languages?
I would definately get Microsoft's programming Visual C++, because that book details all the Windows related stuff.

"If you teach a child to read, then he or her will be able to pass a literacy test" - George W.

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
well if youve never programmed before its gonna be a while until you are able to write a trainer for aoe2. even when you do learn c++ (and you sound like you want to concentrate on something like mfc), you still have to learn hex editting to do things like trainers.

eh, i'll procrastinate later...

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
What the heck is mfc?

I've hex edited a bit over the years (heh). I'm learning c++, and I've downloaded one of the good diablo1 trainers, and the gatekeeper/shadowkeeper source. I'll probably mimic those styles for a while.

I know fortran pretty well, and this whole 'object' thing is really throwing me a curve. There's something I like about using the 'page-up/page-down' key. I think I'll probably end up being one of those 'bastard' children who don't have a single header file, just one big 512k .cpp, and anyone who wants to change it can cut-and-paste their way to freedom...

<font color=blue>I hacked Msft, and all I got was this lousy source code.....</font color=blue>