• no

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • not sure

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

jthill909

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012
From what I've briefly seen, "Shield" can run android games on its own, but you can use the shield to play the games on your computer on the shield's screen and using it's controller.

waicool20

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012
Its way too ugly to be in my taste-.-
sure it has some gd functions,but I dont think its worth bringing around.It'll only be gd for gaming, watching videos or even surfing the net would be a pain with that controller(unless it could be detached) srsly either Nvidia learns from other companies like Sony or they stick to PC hardware.It's not worth it IMO a good laptop is better.

from what i can see the main function is as a dedicated android gaming handheld. the ability to plau your pc games on it is just somethig extra that comes with it. but i can see this is something that nvidia can leverage together with cloud gaming system.

will it able to gain foothold idk. honestly i dare to bet that nvidia themselves might expect not to sell a lot of this. the way i see it this could be marketing tool for tegra lineup. with developing thier own device they can show the world what their chip really capable of. other than that is to attract android game dev to build much better or even truly A category title for android market. for example games like hawken that they show during the presentation. the game has been port to android and all the graphical action being seen that night are truly driven by Tegra 4SoC

dheeraj9933

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2012
well i certainly didn't like it too much.
it is just android gaming with a gamepad, and considering it is not a phone,
u must carry it around WITH your phone, which probably is android too, so that u can play android games?? and that thing is really big too!
so why not just buy and expensive tab or smartphone for gaming in high res?
this is a very unnecessary product,
maybe xbox tablet will do a better job with hardcore portable gaming