6680 e-mail problems

Last response: in Brands
Share
June 21, 2005 11:12:13 AM

I am experiencing lots of problems with e-mail on my 6680. Fairly
frequently (about one time in 3), the phone just hangs when I try to
connect to the server, either to check my mail or to send a message.
There is no way to recover it - calling up the task switcher and
pressing cancel does not kill the messaging app. I just have to turn
off the phone. Then, when I restart it, it usually hangs during
boot-up, meaning I have to take out the battery and restart again.
When I finally get it going ... it has deleted all my mailboxes,
including all the e-mail settings which I then have to re-enter.

This is obviously a big problem, and happens whether I use my Gmail
(POP3) or work (IMAP4) accounts.

Has anyone else experienced this? Can a firmware flash fix the
problem? I currently have (the Orange bastardised version of) 3.04.11
RM-36.

Gareth

More about : 6680 mail problems

Anonymous
June 22, 2005 12:28:32 AM

Hi Gareth.

I've had exactly the same problem this morning! I went to access the web
and I was greeted with the message 'Web memory full!' I had no other
applications open at the time so I tried again, the phone then restarted
itself!

It didn't hang during boot up though.

It let me access the web but when I'd finished I went into my messages and
to my horror they'd all gone.
All my text messages were gone, All my sent messages, all my emails (along
with their settings) had gone also. My text message settings had also been
set back to default (i.e.. Request delivery report :o FF)

My girlfriend has the same phone and it's deleted all her texts on 2
occasions - I just thought she was being daft as usual.
We both have our messages saved to the Memory card.

I spoke to Orange about it today and they were clueless!

I've got the same software version as you (3.04.11 - 14-04-05 - RM-36)

"Gareth" <gareth_stockwell@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I am experiencing lots of problems with e-mail on my 6680. Fairly
> frequently (about one time in 3), the phone just hangs when I try to
> connect to the server, either to check my mail or to send a message.
> There is no way to recover it - calling up the task switcher and
> pressing cancel does not kill the messaging app. I just have to turn
> off the phone. Then, when I restart it, it usually hangs during
> boot-up, meaning I have to take out the battery and restart again.
> When I finally get it going ... it has deleted all my mailboxes,
> including all the e-mail settings which I then have to re-enter.
>
> This is obviously a big problem, and happens whether I use my Gmail
> (POP3) or work (IMAP4) accounts.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this? Can a firmware flash fix the
> problem? I currently have (the Orange bastardised version of) 3.04.11
> .
>
> Gareth

Anonymous
June 22, 2005 3:32:53 AM

Hello Che,

are you using the ORIGINAL RS-MMC supplied with your 6680? There lies the
problem: I'd the same, now I use a KingMax RS-MMC 256Mb, no problems
discovered so far . . .

I notified Nokia already about this problem!

--
Henk van Loosbroek. ICQ: 50931463
My firmware:

"Che Okyne-Turkson" <c.turksonblahblah@blahblahbtinternet.com> schreef in