Is "Nightline" being censored now?

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
May 1, 2004 2:09:05 AM

I hear they've pulled it.

More about : nightline censored

Anonymous
May 1, 2004 2:09:06 AM

"CJT" <abujlehc@prodigy.net> wrote in message
news:4092CE7E.9060308@prodigy.net...
> I hear they've pulled it.

7 of the local affiliates (owned by one company) will preempt tonight's
show. Affiliates have the right to air whatever they want, unless of course
it is one of the ABC affiliates owned by ABC (probably about 10-15).
Anonymous
May 1, 2004 4:57:23 AM

CJT <abujlehc@prodigy.net> wrote:

> I hear they've pulled it.

They've got Koppel in Gitmo now. Applying the electrodes as we speak.
May 1, 2004 1:06:08 PM

"Neill Massello" <neillmassello@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> CJT <abujlehc@prodigy.net> wrote:
>
> > I hear they've pulled it.
>
> They've got Koppel in Gitmo now. Applying the electrodes as we speak.

Oh please. It was a shameless piece of propaganda from this
self-proclaimed leftist hack. If somebody hadn't "censored"
it and created the publicity, they likely woundn't have had ANY
audience.
May 2, 2004 9:25:45 AM

Richard Crowley wrote:

> "Neill Massello" <neillmassello@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>
>>CJT <abujlehc@prodigy.net> wrote:
>>

>>>I hear they've pulled it.
>>
>>They've got Koppel in Gitmo now. Applying the electrodes as we speak.
>

> Oh please. It was a shameless piece of propaganda from this
> self-proclaimed leftist hack. If somebody hadn't "censored"
> it and created the publicity, they likely woundn't have had ANY
> audience.

So to the right-wing, honoring our dead soldiers is "shameless ...
propaganda." Now we know. I guess that's why they sneak the coffins
back.

May 2, 2004 10:44:38 AM

> Richard Crowley wrote:
>
> > "Neill Massello" <neillmassello@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> >>They've got Koppel in Gitmo now. Applying the electrodes as we speak.
> >

> > Oh please. It was a shameless piece of propaganda from this
> > self-proclaimed leftist hack. If somebody hadn't "censored"
> > it and created the publicity, they likely woundn't have had ANY
> > audience.
> >

> So to the right-wing, honoring our dead soldiers is "shameless ...
> propaganda." Now we know. I guess that's why they sneak the coffins
> back.

If you think that spending 3.47 seconds reading a name on
a late-night TV show is "honoring" then you live in a very
different world. You clearly have no friends or relatives
that have been affected by wartime casualty.
Anonymous
May 2, 2004 10:51:17 AM

"CJT" <abujlehc@prodigy.net> wrote in message
> Richard Crowley wrote:
>
> > "Neill Massello" <neillmassello@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> >>They've got Koppel in Gitmo now. Applying the electrodes as we speak.
> >

> > Oh please. It was a shameless piece of propaganda from this
> > self-proclaimed leftist hack. If somebody hadn't "censored"
> > it and created the publicity, they likely woundn't have had ANY
> > audience.
> >

> So to the right-wing, honoring our dead soldiers is "shameless ...
> propaganda." Now we know. I guess that's why they sneak the coffins
> back.

Honoring the fallen soldiers is something we must do, but the timing (middle
of a presidential campaign, while military operations are still going on,
before we have any historical perspective) could be construed as a bit
opportunistic, don't you think? What effect do you think such a program
would have on support for the president and the war in Iraq? I thought so.
Anonymous
May 2, 2004 9:20:33 PM

If this Nightline program had been performed by some other networks it would
not have caught as much flak.

The reason that Nightline got so much flak, is that most folks are 100%
aware of the extreme left-wing bent of the ABC network, and hence it was
"assumed" that the "honoring" program was propaganda.

The ABC nightly news program is almost 100% left-wing propaganda, thus
many folks assumed the special Nightline program was as well.

Whether it is fair or not, I bet that if Fox News had aired the same
program, it would not have caught as much flak.

--James--
May 3, 2004 8:00:08 AM

Richard Crowley wrote:
> "CJT" <abujlehc@prodigy.net> wrote in message
>
>>Richard Crowley wrote:
>>

>>>"Neill Massello" <neillmassello@earthlink.net> wrote in message

>>>Oh please. It was a shameless piece of propaganda from this
>>>self-proclaimed leftist hack. If somebody hadn't "censored"
>>>it and created the publicity, they likely woundn't have had ANY
>>>audience.
>>>

>>So to the right-wing, honoring our dead soldiers is "shameless ...
>>propaganda." Now we know. I guess that's why they sneak the coffins
>>back.
>

> If you think that spending 3.47 seconds reading a name on
> a late-night TV show is "honoring" then you live in a very
> different world. You clearly have no friends or relatives
> that have been affected by wartime casualty.

It beats anything Bush has done.

May 3, 2004 8:01:47 AM

Karl Uppiano wrote:

> "CJT" <abujlehc@prodigy.net> wrote in message
>
>>Richard Crowley wrote:
>>

>>>"Neill Massello" <neillmassello@earthlink.net> wrote in message

>>>Oh please. It was a shameless piece of propaganda from this
>>>self-proclaimed leftist hack. If somebody hadn't "censored"
>>>it and created the publicity, they likely woundn't have had ANY
>>>audience.
>>>

>>So to the right-wing, honoring our dead soldiers is "shameless ...
>>propaganda." Now we know. I guess that's why they sneak the coffins
>>back.
>

> Honoring the fallen soldiers is something we must do, but the timing (middle
> of a presidential campaign, while military operations are still going on,
> before we have any historical perspective) could be construed as a bit
> opportunistic, don't you think? What effect do you think such a program
> would have on support for the president and the war in Iraq? I thought so.

It was the first anniversary of "Mission Accomplished." Since this war
is likely to last for decades if Republicans retain power, I don't think
waiting is appropriate.

May 3, 2004 8:17:33 AM

> Karl Uppiano wrote:
>
> > "CJT" <abujlehc@prodigy.net> wrote in message

> >>So to the right-wing, honoring our dead soldiers is "shameless ...
> >>propaganda." Now we know. I guess that's why they sneak the coffins
> >>back.
> >

> > Honoring the fallen soldiers is something we must do, but the timing
(middle
> > of a presidential campaign, while military operations are still going
on,
> > before we have any historical perspective) could be construed as a bit
> > opportunistic, don't you think? What effect do you think such a program
> > would have on support for the president and the war in Iraq? I thought
so.

> It was the first anniversary of "Mission Accomplished." Since this war
> is likely to last for decades if Republicans retain power, I don't think
> waiting is appropriate.

The war with 9th century Islamic extremists against modern Western
Civilization could last for decades, and the outcome is by no means certain.
Republicans and Democrats are irrelevant, except Republicans might be more
realistic in their current assessment of the danger.
May 3, 2004 8:49:28 AM

Karl Uppiano wrote:

> "CJT" <abujlehc@prodigy.net> wrote in message
>
>>Karl Uppiano wrote:
>>

>>>"CJT" <abujlehc@prodigy.net> wrote in message

>>>Honoring the fallen soldiers is something we must do, but the timing
>
> (middle
>
>>>of a presidential campaign, while military operations are still going
>
> on,
>
>>>before we have any historical perspective) could be construed as a bit
>>>opportunistic, don't you think? What effect do you think such a program
>>>would have on support for the president and the war in Iraq? I thought
>
> so.
>

>>It was the first anniversary of "Mission Accomplished." Since this war
>>is likely to last for decades if Republicans retain power, I don't think
>>waiting is appropriate.
>

> The war with 9th century Islamic extremists against modern Western
> Civilization could last for decades, and the outcome is by no means certain.
> Republicans and Democrats are irrelevant, except Republicans might be more
> realistic in their current assessment of the danger.

If they are, they certainly came to it late. The Bush team initially
ignored the warnings they got from the Clinton transition team.

May 3, 2004 9:21:56 AM

> Karl Uppiano wrote:
>
> > "CJT" <abujlehc@prodigy.net> wrote in message

> > (middle

> > on,

> > so.
> >

> >>It was the first anniversary of "Mission Accomplished." Since this war
> >>is likely to last for decades if Republicans retain power, I don't think
> >>waiting is appropriate.
> >

> > The war with 9th century Islamic extremists against modern Western
> > Civilization could last for decades, and the outcome is by no means
certain.
> > Republicans and Democrats are irrelevant, except Republicans might be
more
> > realistic in their current assessment of the danger.
> >

> If they are, they certainly came to it late. The Bush team initially
> ignored the warnings they got from the Clinton transition team.

Did they ignore it, or did they simply continue the policies of the Clinton
admin at whatever level was currently in place? I shudder to think of the
howls of civil liberties abuses if post-9/11 policies were attempted
pre-9/11, especially given the indecisiveness of the recent election. I
think any serious attempt to curtail terrorism prior to 9/11 would have
resulted in a partisan bloodbath.
May 3, 2004 9:36:30 AM

Karl Uppiano wrote:

> "CJT" <abujlehc@prodigy.net> wrote in message
>
>>Karl Uppiano wrote:
>>

>>>"CJT" <abujlehc@prodigy.net> wrote in message

> speak.

>>>(middle

>>>on,

>>>so.

>>>The war with 9th century Islamic extremists against modern Western
>>>Civilization could last for decades, and the outcome is by no means
>
> certain.
>
>>>Republicans and Democrats are irrelevant, except Republicans might be
>
> more
>
>>>realistic in their current assessment of the danger.
>>>

>>If they are, they certainly came to it late. The Bush team initially
>>ignored the warnings they got from the Clinton transition team.
>

> Did they ignore it, or did they simply continue the policies of the Clinton
> admin at whatever level was currently in place? I shudder to think of the
> howls of civil liberties abuses if post-9/11 policies were attempted
> pre-9/11, especially given the indecisiveness of the recent election. I
> think any serious attempt to curtail terrorism prior to 9/11 would have
> resulted in a partisan bloodbath.

The ignored the warnings and degraded the alertness.

May 4, 2004 1:58:52 AM

"James Nipper" <jnipper@nospam.fdn.com> wrote in message news:<eJadnSwHyeCs-wjdRVn-hQ@comcast.com>...
> If this Nightline program had been performed by some other networks it would
> not have caught as much flak.
>
> The reason that Nightline got so much flak, is that most folks are 100%
> aware of the extreme left-wing bent of the ABC network, and hence it was
> "assumed" that the "honoring" program was propaganda.
>
> The ABC nightly news program is almost 100% left-wing propaganda, thus
> many folks assumed the special Nightline program was as well.
>

> Whether it is fair or not, I bet that if Fox News had aired the same
> program, it would not have caught as much flak.
>

> --James--

If Fox had done this we would have known for sure that it was trying
to make a fast buck by wrapping themselves in the flag, as this is the
essence of their business plan and philosophy.
!