Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

GTX670 in Intel or AMD cpu ?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 9, 2013 10:40:28 AM

Can amd full out gtx 670 in 1080p 60hz or intel ? :heink: 

More about : gtx670 intel amd cpu

a c 228 U Graphics card
a c 156 à CPUs
a b å Intel
a b À AMD
January 9, 2013 10:53:59 AM

Both AMD and Intel make CPUs that can take full advantage of the capabilities of the GTX 670, when installed in a properly configured system.

The question is which AMD or Intel CPUs are you asking about? Please be more specific in your question.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 9, 2013 10:54:01 AM

Your Budget for CPU + Mobo.
m
0
l
Related resources
January 9, 2013 11:03:09 AM

Motherboard sabertooth 990fx
cooler master 750 watt
amd fx 6100 six core processor 3.31ghz
intels 120gb ssd
1080p 60hz monitor
cooler master 212 evo
Gtx 670 2gb windforce

Feel laggy in battlefield 3 in ultra settings :cry:  '' Disappointed ''
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
January 9, 2013 11:06:22 AM

There will be games that your CPU bottlenecks kind of badly in. Other games it will be OK, but the FX-6100 isn't really a great gaming CPU.

Unless you want to try to OC a bulldozer CPU to at LEAST 4.5 GHz, you really should have a 2500k or better CPU to pair with a 670.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 9, 2013 11:08:23 AM

In that Mobo you can Upgrade to a FX 8350 at max.

If you change the Mobo to LGA 1155 and get a i5, you'll get better fps.
i5 3570k is better for Gaming than any FX CPU.


But a FX 6100 is enough to hold on till Haswell.
m
0
l
January 9, 2013 11:09:29 AM

BigMack70 said:
There will be games that your CPU bottlenecks kind of badly in. Other games it will be OK, but the FX-6100 isn't really a great gaming CPU.

Unless you want to try to OC a bulldozer CPU to at LEAST 4.5 GHz, you really should have a 2500k or better CPU to pair with a 670.

Can a amd fx 8150 4.0ghz replace 2500k ?
m
0
l
January 9, 2013 11:12:25 AM

Sumukh_Bhagat said:
In that Mobo you can Upgrade to a FX 8350 at max.

If you change the Mobo to LGA 1155 and get a i5, you'll get better fps.
i5 3570k is better for Gaming than any FX CPU.


But a FX 6100 is enough to hold on till Haswell.

I will think about 8350 maybe . Thanks for your reply !
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
January 9, 2013 11:12:27 AM

ihopeuguyscanhelpme said:
Can a amd fx 8150 4.0ghz replace 2500k ?


That question again is very dependent on what game you're talking about.

Honestly, unless you're just set on staying with AMD, you really should just hold out until you can afford an upgrade to an Intel CPU. If you are set on sticking with AMD as long as possible, then the FX-83xx CPUs are the ones to look at for an upgrade. AMD is just flat out behind intel in terms of CPU performance in games, and even their best processors need to be clocked significantly higher than Intel's quad core offerings to match them in terms of performance.
m
0
l
January 9, 2013 11:18:51 AM

BigMack70 said:
That question again is very dependent on what game you're talking about.

Honestly, unless you're just set on staying with AMD, you really should just hold out until you can afford an upgrade to an Intel CPU. If you are set on sticking with AMD as long as possible, then the FX-83xx CPUs are the ones to look at for an upgrade. AMD is just flat out behind intel in terms of CPU performance in games, and even their best processors need to be clocked significantly higher than Intel's quad core offerings to match them in terms of performance.

Can i just upgrade to fx 8350 and overclock to 4.5ghz ? Is intel 4.0ghz can win amd 4.5ghz ?

I play fps games such like skyrim , battlefield 3 and ac3

Will back in 10 minutes above ! please dont go away from my thread :( 
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
January 9, 2013 11:21:02 AM

All those games would be fine on a 4.5 GHz 8350, and you should be able to hit 4.5 GHz fairly easily as long as you have a decent aftermarket tower CPU cooler for your chip.

But yes, intel will smoke an 8350 in some games. For example,
http://www.techspot.com/review/608-hitman-absolution-pe...

There, a 4 GHz 8350 is equivalent to just a 2.5 GHz 3770k :/ 
m
0
l
a c 182 U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
a b å Intel
a b À AMD
January 9, 2013 11:24:10 AM

Go for intel i5 3570k.it would handle those game easily and would good for future.there is no amd cpu which can beat i5 and i7.
m
0
l
January 9, 2013 11:49:03 AM

How about i5 ? is there any i5 can replace i7-3770k a little bit ?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 9, 2013 11:49:16 AM

ASHISH65 said:
Go for intel i5 3570k.it would handle those game easily and would good for future.there is no amd cpu which can beat i5 and i7.


+1. Even. I got the i5 2500k and im pretty happy with it...Op i would go intel if i were you
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
January 9, 2013 11:52:04 AM

ihopeuguyscanhelpme said:
How about i5 ? is there any i5 can replace i7-3770k a little bit ?


the i5-3570k is more or less the exact same as the i7-3770k for gaming
m
0
l
a c 182 U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
a b å Intel
a b À AMD
January 9, 2013 11:59:26 AM

+1 ^.the difference between i5 and i7 is not big.just i7 has 8 threads means it can work as 8 core cpu but hyperthreating doesnot have effect on gaming.
m
0
l
January 9, 2013 12:02:05 PM

BigMack70 said:
the i5-3570k is more or less the exact same as the i7-3770k for gaming

So i should change my motherboard sabertooth 990fx to sabertooth z77 , processor fx 6100 to i5-2500k .

any problem if i upgrade to these ? like socket nt same or others .
m
0
l
a c 182 U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
a b å Intel
a b À AMD
January 9, 2013 12:07:48 PM

Yes you should upgrade to z77 and i5 3570k.there will be no problems.really you are going to enjoy gaming with i5 and gtx 670.
m
0
l
January 9, 2013 12:11:27 PM

ASHISH65 said:
Yes you should upgrade to z77 and i5 3570k.there will be no problems.really you are going to enjoy gaming with i5 and gtx 670.

ahhhh , can i5-2500k ? 3570k seen overpriced and im nt very rich .
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
January 9, 2013 12:13:47 PM

ihopeuguyscanhelpme said:
ahhhh , can i5-2500k ? 3570k seen overpriced and im nt very rich .


I own the i5-2500k and it works still for todays games. I may/not upgrade to ivy bridge still deciding but i could still do work on sandy bridge and be fine
m
0
l
a c 182 U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
a b å Intel
a b À AMD
January 9, 2013 12:18:34 PM

Ya i5 2500k will be fine.
m
0
l
January 9, 2013 1:49:37 PM

do u feel lags or tearing cuz if it was tearing then thats a normal thing while lags is abit strange ur cpu is still a good one undoutey an i 2500k is better in gamig but ur cpu should handle the game without any lags BTW it maybe sth wrong with the game or sth taking the CPU or GPU usage anyways try any other games that have high graphx as Far cry 3 , Metro and also see the FPS u get in BF3 u should exceed the 50FPs
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
January 9, 2013 1:53:47 PM

Sandouby_96 said:
do u feel lags or tearing cuz if it was tearing then thats a normal thing while lags is abit strange ur cpu is still a good one undoutey an i 2500k is better in gamig but ur cpu should handle the game without any lags BTW it maybe sth wrong with the game or sth taking the CPU or GPU usage anyways try any other games that have high graphx as Far cry 3 , Metro and also see the FPS u get in BF3 u should exceed the 50FPs


Me fail English? That's unpossible!

:lol: 
m
0
l
a c 182 U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
a b å Intel
a b À AMD
January 9, 2013 2:50:48 PM

masterman467 said:
guys....

an i3 will run better then a fx 83xx...

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/far-cry-3-performan...
http://media.bestofmicro.com/9/G/364516/original/CPU-scaling.png

And i quote:
"The good news for folks with Piledriver-based processors is that the FX-8350 is nearly as quick as Intel's Core i3-2100 (never mind the fact that the Core i3 costs $90 less)."

we all know that.we never talk about i3.In todays most games uses 2cores while few are 4 cores games.op has gtx 670 so we reccomend him i5 quad core as i5 quad would be much future proof for games than i3 as in future most games will use 4 cores.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
January 9, 2013 2:52:37 PM

^ Agreed there's no way he should be pairing a GTX 670 with an i3. The point is to make a meaningful upgrade, and while I know the i3 performs better than his FX-6100, the only meaningful upgrade for him is to step up to a sandy or ivy bridge i5.
m
0
l
January 9, 2013 2:53:49 PM

BigMack70 said:
Me fail English? That's unpossible!

:lol: 

if u were using the same ***** Keyboard i was using u won't even type any correct word.
I never failed in English before :) 
m
0
l
!