I'm sure this has been posted before.

idad

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013
Hello all, this is my first post so bare with me.
I recently got a Zamara or what ever its called, Z11 mid tower case. I tried loading and switching a HP S5-1224 slimline into the tower. It all worked, but in the end the power connectors had no way of working on the board.

Anyways, a long story short I rebuilt the Slimline back to its original self, and ran into a problem.
The computer turns on for a second, then turns off and repeats. I've read somewhere that you should leave the computer off for a few hours before attempting?
I'm normally pretty okay when it comes to computers, and everything is installed correctly (I've delt with this for several hours) and I'm still puzzled. :heink:

Does anyone have any idea what I could do, or what it could be?

Just incase here are the system specs:
8GB ram
1TB HDD 7200RPM
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit
Beats Audio

I don't think anything else is needed. If so let me know!

gussrtk

Honorable
power supply.

if you have another one you can test that would be ideal. if you wish to be 100% sure. do setup out of case box on a non conductive surface and try adding one component at a time to see if it turns on ok and then move on to the next piece (leave cpu in) [add next piece and turn the computer on to see that it is still ok, if not then you will find your defective part]

did you connect extra pin connectors for motherboard? the 8pin/4pin on top left?