Is this a good amateur PC Build?

Hey there folks, this is my first time building a pc, and i have gotten some parts together and it would be great if you could suggest better parts. Sorry if I have some problems with this thread, first time posting.

Here they are:

PSU: Not yet decided on. Please suggest a full modular psu. $80 max for this one.

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231308

Hard Drive: I own a Western digital 650GB.

GPU: EVGA 01G-P3-1450-RX GeForce GTS 450
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130640

MOBO: ASUS P8B75-V LGA 1155
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131835

CASE: COOLER MASTER RC-692-KKN2 CM690 II
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119216

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115233

CPU COOLER: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-CPU+Fans+%26+Heatsinks-_-N82E16835103099&gclid=CNnizqPR1bUCFYFxQgodWXUA5g


Budget: Varies. The better the components which have a reasonable price, the higher i'm willing to spend.
7 answers Last reply
More about good amateur build
  1. Unless you plan on Overclocking, the stock CPU cooler should be adequate. Otherwise looks good. Try to get a gold rated PSU if possible.
  2. EndlessShrimp said:
    Unless you plan on Overclocking, the stock CPU cooler should be adequate. Otherwise looks good. Try to get a gold rated PSU if possible.


    the EVO 212 is a great choice for the price tho.

    However, I agree that I would ditch the EVO 212 for now and invest that budget into a decent PSU. given your requirement for it to be fully modular, and the fact that we always want a PSU from a reputable company, this would be my recommendation:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817256064

    Other than that, may I ask whether or not your gts 450 is from an old build? otherwise you have now business buying a new one, that card is two generations old and it will be three generations old by the end of this year. get this 7750 from AMD instead, your best performer for the money and you get a free $40 game with it

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161403
  3. vmem said:
    the EVO 212 is a great choice for the price tho.

    However, I agree that I would ditch the EVO 212 for now and invest that budget into a decent PSU. given your requirement for it to be fully modular, and the fact that we always want a PSU from a reputable company, this would be my recommendation:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817256064

    Other than that, may I ask whether or not your gts 450 is from an old build? otherwise you have now business buying a new one, that card is two generations old and it will be three generations old by the end of this year. get this 7750 from AMD instead, your best performer for the money and you get a free $40 game with it

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161403


    Sorry about that, i got the wrong graphics card link. Heres the correct one. I had gotten it a few months ago when i had no knowledge about cards whatsoever. I had not known that it is an old generation. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130663
  4. that's fine, however, the 450 is from a much older generation, I stand by my recommendation for the 7750.

    for the same price, you can get a GT640 from Nvidia, but a Radeon 7750 will perform better
  5. The Royal Eight said:
    Sorry about that, i got the wrong graphics card link. Heres the correct one. I had gotten it a few months ago when i had no knowledge about cards whatsoever. I had not known that it is an old generation. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130663


    You can't really buy a card that's been discontinued. :lol:

    Plus it's generally a bad idea to buy anything that's open box or returned item. If something goes wrong you're on your own.

    I'll second the recommendation of the Radeon 7750.
  6. Drop the CPU to a 3470 and ditch the EVO and grab a 650ti with the savings
    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/pny-video-card-vcggtx650t1xpb

    7850 1gb if you stretch your budget
    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-video-card-fx785aznl4

    I would look into this for a PSU but tad bit outside budget
    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seasonic-power-supply-ssr550rm

    Here is the list I pulled it from
    http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/power-supply/#m=52,11,51,71,39&sort=a7&e=4,3
  7. This is my personal pick for a PSU, what I will be using in my build, as soon as I gather the money that is..

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438005
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product