Error after error Please help

soundforge

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2010
Hi guys,

I've had so many problems I don't even know where to begin. It all started 6 months ago during a thunderstorm which knocked my power out. First, I decided the motherboard was bad and had it sent back to Asus which they "refurbished" for me. I plugged everything back in and it worked for about a day before a series of random blue screens. I've replaced the powersupply which seemed to have helped for about another day, but then it crashed and will not boot back up. No display, no HDD lights. This only happens sometimes.. sometimes it will POST, sometimes it won't.. Sometimes I can hear the fan on the GPU turning on and off. A few times I even got the Bootmgr not found. I have absolutely no idea where to even begin or what the problem could be.

2 x 2GB DDR3
Asus M4A78T-E
AMD Phenom II
Radeon HD 5770
700w PSU
Windows 7 64 bit

soundforge

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2010
Any other ideas? I have tried a different cord, different outlets, different ram, different hard drives.. Still the same issues. Sometimes I can get to BIOS sometimes I cant. Sometimes it will only give a black screen with blinking cursor.. sometimes I get no display.

Update:

I have also tried removing the GPU completely and using the onboard, still with the same issue of no display.

Is it possible it could be my processor or still an issue with the motherboard?

Literally the only piece of equipment I havn't tried with a new one on is the Processor because I dont have another one but I would think I would still get a display even if the processor was bad? Or am I incorrect?