NVIDIA GT 520 causes TV signal to drop. Help!!!

Louarias

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
Ok. This is my setup - Desktop PC has its own Full HD monitor and I also have connected a LG 3D tv to watch 3d or Bluray on a big screen. My LG tv also has a independent signal from a outdoor antenna where I watch normal tv.

For the last 6 months my Desktop PC, PC monitor, LG 3D TV with TV signal has been working as it should be. I recently purchased POWERDVD and thought at the same time ill update my graphic card driver (NVIDIA GT 520). This is where it all began. Once installed TV signal dropped. I switched off my Desktop PC and tv signal came back. Swithed PC back on and as soon as the start menu appears my TV drops and says no signal. When I change the TV input to PC input (HDMI 1) it displays PC output fine.

Now i hear you say well uninstall powerdvd and rollback drivers for graphic card.... I did this and the same **** continues. However the TV signal comes back when I deactivate second output from PC i.e. to LG TV.

I reverted back to the same drivers I had before all this happened and nothing. I even reverted back to older drivers and nothing. Ive installed all graphic component drivers one by one and narrow it down to the actual graphic cards drivers not audio, 3d or controller.

Now to slap me in the face even more I have for the last six months a 1.4 3d hdmi connected (remember working ok) and it now drops signal when pc is active. Now if I swap this for a 1.3 HDMI bluray everything works fine. ARGHHH.

Ive also played around with the settings of the TV, played musical HDMI swap and a factory reset and NOTHING! Still be having badly.

Im willing to divulge more info if need be. Would appreciate any help to solve this issue and disconnecting HDMI is a pain the bad side.

Louarias

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
To anyone who reads this. It turned out to be the hz for the 3dtv output. When i installed the updated graphic drivers it changed the setting from 23 cinema fps to 60 hz uk frequency. This was done using graphic card control panel. What a head bang.

zafars

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013

any luck with the problem you were facing coz i have the same problem