Temperature Help Please

drkknght145

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
Hello, I a little concerned about my computer temperatures with my water cooling. i have the following:
Corsair 400d case
intel 2600k
2 x nvidia 570s
16g ddr3 corsair vengeance ram
850w corsair psu
gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 motherboard
120 GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD
1TB SATA-III HDD
CoolIT ECO II-240 Extreme Performance Liquid Cooling System 240MM

Now I am getting about 26c on idle, under full load with prime95 overnight it got up to 64c. After about 2 hours of playing the new Star Wars game i got up to about 55c last night. I understand that this is below the highest recommended temp of 75c, but with watercooling i feel like my results should have been better. I have played with the fan configuration and it makes little difference on the case or the radiator. The radiator is installed to the top of the case, with the fans blowing up out of it through the radiator. I have fans in every slot possible, the 2 in the front intake, one on the bottom intake, then the 2 on the side exhaust as well as one in the back towards the top. And then like i stated i have 2 fans blowing through the radiator out the top of the case. All of this is with no overclocking. The case is in one of those cubby holes on computer desks where the tower is intended to go. Any help appreciated.

Its not normal. My 2600 after 3-4 hours of games didn't hit 40-43 C with air cooling. Your problem is the case air cooling. Try to stop some fans who put cold air inside. If is unbalanced inside the case the hot air is not pulled out ,he's presurized and just moved inside the case. Your outake must be higher than intake.The side fans must to be put for intake not how you did. Try this : The 2 front fans and 1 side intake and and the top and rear outake. I have an CM 912 case and i have 1x200mm front intake and rear and top 1x200mm outake,and the case cooling is great with video transcoding and other havy cpu works my cpu didn't hit 42-43 C.

With watercooling your results would be better.
I use both real H20 and a Corsair H50, so anyone that thinks that was rude , well.............
LCLC systems do better when they're used as intake., and having a computer in a cubby doesn't allow for much airflow

That could be a place to start.
You still need to do something about airflow in the cubby ( best bet would be to remove the PC from it ), because you're just recycling warm air.