gpu: amd saphire hd 7850 2 gb

motherboard gigabyte 78lmt-usb3

8gb ram

cheers

More about : good psu

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
February 27, 2013 1:36:54 PM

+1 on the Seasonic S12II 520w, excellently built PSU.

I would suggest to stay away from Corsair CX though, it's made up of cheap components and has early death rate.
February 27, 2013 1:47:32 PM

excella1221 said:
+1 on the Seasonic S12II 520w, excellently built PSU.

I would suggest to stay away from Corsair CX though, it's made up of cheap components and has early death rate.

Just curious... Where have you heard this about the Corsair PSU?
February 27, 2013 4:19:44 PM

ive heard corsair cx is popular good rating
February 27, 2013 4:30:14 PM

Disagree on the Corsair CX series. No question the seasonics are better, but hardware secrets says CX series are good supplies, especially for the money (with the 430W often $20 AR at newegg, almost always $35 or less), 500W sometimes as low as $30 AR.
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Corsair-CX430-V2...
February 27, 2013 11:23:29 PM

I wasn't questioning the efficiency of the CX series, but rather its build and longevity.
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=...

As for early deaths, while I don't usually look into consumer feedback, they would be a good start to look at in the long-term use, and if you look at all the low-rated egg reviews, the majority of it is due to the PSU dying and frying their parts within less than a year of use.
February 28, 2013 8:00:01 AM

We all know many people don't give reviews when everything works and still 4 eggs on newegg. Johnny Guru 'Recommended' and a score of 9 despite your opinion on longevity.

I'm still trying to figure out what you base your argument on? A few negative reviews on newegg from customers who probably underpower their massively overclocked low-end systems? We know how many blockheads there are out there with mismatched components complaining about performance while overclocking and overvolting the heck out of their 2600k processors and 5770 GPUs on a low wattage (because it's less expensive) PSU.

I do agree that, at this power requirement level and most others, a Seasonic is the best choice and with that comes a five-year warranty, but also added cost.

I do not agree that the Corsair is a bad choice.

Personally, though, I'd spend the additional $5 and get the Seasonic.
February 28, 2013 8:33:36 AM

A lot of things come down to price/performance. I think for $5, I'll take the company known for higher quality PSUs
February 28, 2013 10:10:33 AM

Again, and I don't know how much more I need to stress this - I am not questioning the efficiency of the CX series.

There's also no score or any mention regarding longevity when reviewing PSUs 'cause that wouldn't make any sense unless it's been in their system for months/years.

I'm also not trying to argue, dunno where you got that. All I'm saying is that a PSU like the CX series with cheap components(capacitors) and has a relative(those aren't few) number of early death reports should not be in a rig like OP's.

I am not saying Corsair is a bad choice, my post list is available for viewing in the public, and you can see that in some instances, I recommend Corsair on build suggestions - most notably the TX and HX series.
February 28, 2013 10:15:49 AM

excella1221 said:
Again, and I don't know how much more I need to stress this - I am not questioning the efficiency of the CX series.

There's also no score or any mention regarding longevity when reviewing PSUs 'cause that wouldn't make any sense unless it's been in their system for months/years.

I'm also not trying to argue, dunno where you got that. All I'm saying is that a PSU like the CX series with cheap components(capacitors) and has a relative(those aren't few) number of early death reports should not be in a rig like OP's.

I am not saying Corsair is a bad choice, my post list is available for viewing in the public, and you can see that in some instances, I recommend Corsair on build suggestions - most notably the TX and HX series.

Generally agree here. I'd go further and say the AX series is top of the line.
February 28, 2013 10:42:26 AM

Yes, AX is their enthusiast level series, I think.
Though I don't think I've had the opportunity to recommend them in builds since at their price point, competitors like Seasonic and Superflower-OEM'd PSUs are already there.
February 28, 2013 10:51:51 AM

The AX series is tops, but also comes with the highest price tag.

Based on the other components in the build, I think OP would do well with decent quality and decent price balanced. The Seasonic would be my top recommendation in this case.
!