constantfluxation

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
hey there, im a bit of a noob when it comes down to PC specs so i was wondering if someone could give me a little bit of help, I really want to play the Arma II mod DayZ, ive been thinking of upgrading my current PC, but my little noobish brain tells me alot of my Specs aren't worth upgrading. if someone could suggest a course of action, ideally ide llike to play medium-high specs and would have a budget of £600-700

RECOMMENDED

CPU
Recommended: Intel Core i5 or AMD Athlon Phenom X4 or faster
You Have: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+

RAM
Recommended: 2 GB
You Have: 1.0 GB

OS
Recommended: Windows 7
You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)

Video Card
Recommended: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 or ATI Radeon HD 5770 or faster with Shader Model 3 and 896 MB VRAM
You Have: GeForce 6600

DirectX version
Recommended: DirectX 9.0c
You Have: 9.0c

if anyone could recommend an PC for 600-700 ish just to play dayz ide love you forever

Wolffrains

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
Hey men! i was just like you one month ago, i wanted to get a better pc without having to pay a lot, and googling arroung i found the answer, i bought all the peices to set up a mid end gaming pc, im posting you two of my videos, so you can get and idea of the performance it gets with dayz and farcry 3 (one of the msot demmanding actual games)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd7gKyIvW_8 that's a DayZ gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sPj169D-jI that's a Farcry 3 gameplay

that pc costed me about 300000 Chilean pesos (im from chile), that's like £520.

This are the Specs
Amd Radeon XFX HD 6850
Amd Athlon II x2 270 3,4 ghz
4gb ddr3 Corsair ram
Thermaltake litepower 450w PSU
M5A78L-M LX Motherboard
4x 80mm Thermaltake Thunderblade LED fan
The Case costed like £40
15,6" LCD Samsung Screen

i can run almost every game on high-ultra settings, take a look at my videos anyway, suscribe if you liked so i can keep posting more videos, hope it helps :)