Sign in with
Your question

Gaming PC (noob needs help)

Last response: in Systems
February 27, 2013 12:22:35 PM

Equipment Model
Processor I5 2500 k
BOARD ASRock H77 Pro4
Hard Disk 1 TB SATA TOSHIBA (3 year warranty)
SSD 240 GB Sandisk Extreme
GPU ATI 7850 2GB DDR5 SAPPHIRE/ GIGAbyte
PSU CORRSAIR VS 650 SMPS
Moniter Samsung HDMI 22 inch
RAM 8GB DDR3 CORRSAIR VENG/160
Heatsink Corsair Hydro Series H40

Country - India

I am building a gaming pc i have researched a lot and found this configuration to be working for me , frankly speaking this is also going out of my budget. it will be helpful if somebody could guide in on how to reduce the overall cost of this system. I am looking to overclock and do high resolution gaming. and wanna run this pc for atleast five years before changing anything . I processor seems old but i am running dry here . so may be i will change it later .

let me know your thoughts . i want to over clock this processor to at least 4.5 GHZ. I still have to figure out how to overclock but I guess will manage to learn in some time.

Thanks in advance.

More about : gaming noob

February 27, 2013 12:27:38 PM

1st off, you have a mobo that does not over clock...h77..you need a z77 which will cost more. next, if you are on a tight budget, lose the ssd and add it in later. What is your total budget?
m
l
March 15, 2013 12:59:34 PM

^ a 240 GB solid state is going to cost you an arm and a leg. Get a 60 GB SSD just for your operating system, and maybe add a second down the line to run your games off of.

I would also recommend a better heatsink, like the H60 or H80, because 4.5 is a substantial OC for that CPU.
m
l
Related resources
a c 92 B Homebuilt system
a c 276 4 Gaming
March 15, 2013 2:20:04 PM

demax51 said:
^ a 240 GB solid state is going to cost you an arm and a leg. Get a 60 GB SSD just for your operating system, and maybe add a second down the line to run your games off of.

I would also recommend a better heatsink, like the H60 or H80, because 4.5 is a substantial OC for that CPU.

A 240GB SSD will definitely cost you, especially in India. From the sites I check the IT Depot had a 240GB Sandisk Extreme for ₹ 16580 (USD $306.93).

On the flip side a 60GB SSD will barely hold an operating system. You could drop that to a 128GB SSD and then upgrade your GPU to a Radeon 7870 GHz or a Radeon 7950.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
March 18, 2013 1:38:19 AM

1. SSD is not amust but it will definitely boost your system performance. If you are short of budget, well, you can drop this for now and get it later.

2. H77 is not really meant for OC, get Z77.

3. i5 3570k is more better than i5 2500k with relative the same price.

4. Also about your cooler, if you do not want to pump up the proc directly after building, you can also use the stock fan first and buy the cooler later after you want to OC it.
Usually I OC my system after 3-4 years to extend the usage time :)  so not right away.

m
l
!