Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Help is my GPU dead??

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 9, 2013 4:56:56 PM

Hi ,

So I turn on my PC today and see that windows has some updates. SO I run them and restart my PC. WHen it starts up the resolution is really small. So I go to device mgr to Check the status of my video card and this is the error message it gave me!

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"

Its not the drivers... they are up to date!

Is my GPU dead? Or is it something else?

Thanks

More about : gpu dead

a c 290 U Graphics card
January 9, 2013 4:59:26 PM

Reinstall the driver.
January 9, 2013 5:10:52 PM

Sunius said:
Reinstall the driver.

I tried that and no luck. Nvidia installer cannot continue..This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware. Also, I did clean out the old drivers first.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
January 9, 2013 5:19:50 PM

Please help!! Is my GPU Dead?
a c 290 U Graphics card
January 9, 2013 5:31:56 PM

Confirm that your monitor is connected to your graphics card rather than the motherboard.
a c 187 U Graphics card
January 9, 2013 5:37:13 PM

if this is a pre built you may need to use the vendor video drivers. also you may need to install the newest mb chipset drivers if one of the updates installed an older driver.

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
January 9, 2013 5:47:24 PM

Uninstall the old driver, reboot, run driversweeper, reboot, reinstall last know good version of your video driver, and don't ever install MS Update recommended video drivers.
January 9, 2013 6:12:44 PM

+1
a b U Graphics card
January 9, 2013 6:45:54 PM

In addition to what J_E_D said, running Driver Sweeper in safe mode can also be helpful.
a b U Graphics card
January 9, 2013 10:41:15 PM

You didn't tell us the video card model or what version of the drivers your trying to install nor where you downloaded them from.
!