Sign in with
Your question

Desk icons don't show correctly

Last response: in Windows 7
March 16, 2012 3:27:48 AM

Where are the icons?

Hello, these are two screencaptures of my desk. As you can see some icons don't appear as normally do; in a clear wallpaper don't show at all and in a dark one show black squares. What's my error? How do I correct this? Thanks for your answer. Greetings from Argentina.
a b $ Windows 7
March 16, 2012 4:04:17 AM

I am guessing that there is a color or effects conflict with your custom desk top background. Try right clicking on the desk top and under personalization choose a basic windows theme. See if the icons appear. Also you can go into control panel, system, advanced system settings, select the settings button to open the menu. Select adjust for best performance. This will set the minimum set of effects. It may be a mismatch with transparency or shading also. Once you get them back, you can tinker with the settings for a pleasing desk top once again.
March 25, 2012 5:52:21 PM

Dogsnake said:
I am guessing that there is a color or effects conflict with your custom desk top background. Try right clicking on the desk top and under personalization choose a basic windows theme. See if the icons appear. Also you can go into control panel, system, advanced system settings, select the settings button to open the menu. Select adjust for best performance. This will set the minimum set of effects. It may be a mismatch with transparency or shading also. Once you get them back, you can tinker with the settings for a pleasing desk top once again.

Thanks for your answer, I tried what you said but didn't work; even tried changing different themes with no result. At the end I went into TuneUp Utilities and used one of the tools concerning "icons appearance" and problem solve. Greets.
!