Help me upgrade, I'm so noob :(

SophieSmith

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
I want to upgrade my rubbish PC, however I never built a PC in my life. (That's ok though, I know someone that is helping me put all the parts in when I get my parts)

Anyway, the spec's I have are -

CPU: AMD FX-4100 3.60 GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology
Model: M68MT-S2
Memory: DDR3 8192 MBytes
RAM: 8GB
Graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 SE
64 Bit Operating system

I know nothing about building PC, but I do know that if you have a crappy CPU etc you can't just buy a top end graphic card and start playing games and whatnot. Am I right? :)

Anyway, I want to upgrade my PC. I want to play games on high settings, maybe not Ultra, but better than what I'm playing now.
I was thinking changing my CPU and Graphic card. I would like to get the GeForce GTX 480, GeForce GTX 570, GeForce GTX 660, GeForce GTX 660 Ti or the Radeon HD 7850. The reason I chose these Graphic card is because they are kinda at my budget right now. So, yeah which of those are the best for playing games smoothly and high settings? Games I have right now are, CoD, Battlefield, L4D, Diablo, LoL, Just Cause, Max Payne and Arma 2. For the CPU I would like a i3 or i5, but don't know which one is the best for price and performance etc. Saying that, can I even upgrade my CPU? Do I need to buy a AMD models or? ;(

Like I said, if I do want to buy what I listed above, what part of my PC do I need to upgrade in order to run my PC? or don't I need to?
May someone kindly help me out here? I will reply as fast as I could. :)

Sorry for my bad grammar, I hope you understand what I'm trying to say, I am from Sweeden :)

I would start by adding a new graphics card. I chose a 570GTX as it was good at gaming, rendering and such, but the 7850 (I had one of those too) is a great value and thats what I recommend for your build. As for the cpu, have you thought about overclocking? If your motherboard can do that, I suggest a new cooler like the CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO, its a great buy too. That cpu will clock well and if you can run it at 4.0ghz, then it will keep the cpu from limiting your fps.

SophieSmith

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013

Hey!
I don't think I can overclock. I really don't know what graphic card to chose on my list. For example if I chose the GeForce GTX 660 Ti, what other parts do I need to upgrade in order to run my PC. Sorry, I'm just a uber noob lol :bounce: