Sign in with
Your question

More computer issues.

Last response: in Systems
February 27, 2013 3:51:10 PM

I made a post a day or two ago about my GTX 670 acting up. Well, took it out, boxed it up, ready to ship back.. MORE issues, omfg could this whole thing have gone more wrong. Tried to launch up source without the graphics card, figured it'd be playable, wanted to play some counterstrike. 15fps, had everything maxed out from before. turned a few filters off and shaders down, and yeah, you know, 75 fps, plenty playable. but omfg. the crashes. I can't do anything without it locking up, ctrl+alt+dlt fails, so does spamming the windows key/ctrl+esc/alt+tab. Only solution is reboot. Also there is now VERY prominent coil whine coming from my pc. I will note that on the x16 slot there was a plastic tab that locked the card into place, and when I took the card out, I felt no resistance, but it just popped off. broken. The actual slot is still 100% in tact. that's the ONLY thing that changed. Why the sudden crashes/coil whine? I wear headphones most of the time but it's like fingernails of a chalkboard when I'm not. UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH. I wanna just return the whole thing and start over..

More about : computer issues

February 27, 2013 4:25:49 PM

Please help me o3o

I just built my personal computer I've been planning for ages, and it seems like everything that can go wrong has gone wrong. I took it out into my living room, plugged it up, and booted to listen to where the noise was coming from. it APPEARS to be coming from slightly to the left of my CPU and form the HDD. motherboard is ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA1155. CPU is i7 3770k, GPU WAS GTX 670, 16GB RAM, 750GB HDD WD BLUE 7200RPM
m
l
Related resources
!