Is there a problem with my new graphics card?

eriia

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
Hello,
I have:
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti
CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 635 Processor (4 CPUs) ~ 2.9GHz
RAM: 6gb
Power Supply: 432w (18A on 12V rail)
Windows 7 64bit

I've been experiencing a few problems since I upgraded to the 660 Ti. First off I notice after continued play in some games I end up getting half of the fps I have around when I start playing. A few times I've even had it crash. It'll make a quick buzz noise and then the computer will restart.
Is the new card getting too hot? Is my power supply not sufficient enough?

Thanks for any and all help.

eriia

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
While playing my cpu cores all around 30 ºC while my gpu sits at around 60ºC, the fan speed remains relatively low with the gpu load not typically going over 50%.
Would picking up a new psu be the next step for me?

Dj do you think it would have anything to do with is CPU. Maybe overclock a little? And yes I also agree with you on the power supply notion as well I think its a safe bet its a no name power supply you don't really see 435 power supplies they are normally in intervals of 50.

Yes, the cpu bottlenecks a bit the card, overclocking the cpu will probably give a bit more fps, but in no way it should freeze or reboot the pc with buzz noises.
It's probably the psu, a crappy one, like i said can't hold 50 % of the load that's says, and since it looks like a shoddy one it might not even have those 430w, but much less.
Unless you tell us the brand and specs of the psu, i cannot say anything else.