Problem with Catalyst Control Center

ewpoxy

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013
Okay, so I have two Radeon 7870s in Crossfire. Had been running fine for the longest, until recently when I tried to open CCC, I got the following error "Catalyst Control Center cannot be started. There are no settings that can be configured using Catalyst Control Center"

So I searched, and searched, and searched...to no luck. It seemed everyone that had this problem was reformating. So, I found my Win7 disk, and reinstalled. Got everything back setup and working..this was about a week ago. Now today, out of the blue, it's back. Same message, still causing my explorer to lag insanely bad/crash occasionaly. Can someone PLEASE help me?

I would start by uninstalling CCC, then the drivers for the video cards (install 1 card, install the drivers for it, then remove that card and install the second card in the other pci-e slot and install drivers for that one - even though they are identical cards, installing drivers seperately can help). Re-install CCC and see how it goes.

maui67

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012

I found this article: http://www.scratty.com/ati-catalyst-control-center-ccc-start/

Hope it helps. Let us know.