Sign in with
Your question

Problem with Catalyst Control Center

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 9, 2013 8:59:36 PM

Okay, so I have two Radeon 7870s in Crossfire. Had been running fine for the longest, until recently when I tried to open CCC, I got the following error "Catalyst Control Center cannot be started. There are no settings that can be configured using Catalyst Control Center"

So I searched, and searched, and searched...to no luck. It seemed everyone that had this problem was reformating. So, I found my Win7 disk, and reinstalled. Got everything back setup and working..this was about a week ago. Now today, out of the blue, it's back. Same message, still causing my explorer to lag insanely bad/crash occasionaly. Can someone PLEASE help me?
January 9, 2013 9:24:07 PM

I would start by uninstalling CCC, then the drivers for the video cards (install 1 card, install the drivers for it, then remove that card and install the second card in the other pci-e slot and install drivers for that one - even though they are identical cards, installing drivers seperately can help). Re-install CCC and see how it goes.
m
l
January 9, 2013 9:27:20 PM

Yeah, I forgot to mention I've tried uninstalling and then reinstalling. I've removed both, put one in, installed drivers, same error.
m
l
Related resources
January 9, 2013 9:33:46 PM

Which version of Catalyst are you using?
m
l
January 9, 2013 9:41:58 PM

Well I had 12.10, just uninstalled them to see if it would fix the problem, replaced it with 12.11 Beta
m
l
January 9, 2013 9:51:42 PM

Pull one card out, and see if you run into the issue. If it works, try the other card on it's own. If that works, I'd contact the card manufacturer's support.
m
l
!