Sign in with
Your question

7870 tearing issues

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 9, 2013 10:29:25 PM

This is an area I have little experience in so any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I am trying to resolve tearing issues in video playback. I have not had a chance to try any games to see if it is an issue there as well.

I have a HD 7870with dual monitors. One is a new 23" Asus VH236H connect via HDMI. Other monitor is an old 19" Acer X192W. I have little understanding how to resolve the tearing issue and am not really even certain what the correct questions to ask are. Any help is appreciated.

More about : 7870 tearing issues

a c 133 U Graphics card
January 9, 2013 10:38:02 PM

Very odd have you tried to isolate the problem maybe trying 1 monitor at a time and seeing if the playback tearing persists that is quite odd. Also, what do you use for playback. I use powerdvd myself best blu ray support I feel :) 
m
l
January 9, 2013 10:53:31 PM

In process of further diagnosing. The 19 inch monitor never experienced this problem before so I am assuming this is a matter of video card tweaking. I did just try a 1080 rip of an action scene and it played smoothly so I am thinking its a matter of adjusting for odd sized video. I generally use VLC and WMP for playback and the issue seems to be independent of the playback software.
m
l
Related resources
a c 133 U Graphics card
January 9, 2013 11:36:38 PM

Gotcha yea it was good that you narrowed it down to a screen yea I had a feeling since you had different screens that would of been my first guess.
m
l
January 9, 2013 11:42:03 PM

I think it was an issue with GPU scaling being improperly set and greyed out in ATI controls. Found a workaround and it is much, much better.
m
l
a c 161 U Graphics card
January 10, 2013 12:07:24 AM

Are you running Windows XP?

If you are NOT, then:
1. Test with only ONE monitor hooked up.
2. Test with HDMI and also DVI.
m
l
!