Connect 6822 to Older PC

Last response: in Brands
June 23, 2005 12:59:29 PM

Hi

We have just upgraded to a Nokia 6822. The guy who's using it would like to
connect up to his PC to synchronise contact details, etc.

Unfortunately his PC still runs Windows 98SE so the supplied Nokia CD is no
good as it only supports 2000 and XP.

Are there any alternatives available that would run under 98SE?

--
Regards
Barry

More about : connect 6822 older

Anonymous
June 23, 2005 6:16:41 PM

Oxygen Phone Manager II runs under Win 98 SE and ME and supports Nokia 6822
via cable, bluetooth and infrared connection.

http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
Oxygen Software - tools for your mobile phone.
Oxygen Phone Manager II - all you want from your mobile phone.
http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
http://www.smsactivex.com/

Hello, BJH!
You wrote in conference alt.cellular.nokia on Thu, 23 Jun 2005 08:59:29
+0100 from address barryh@nospam.kentra.co.uk:

>Hi

>We have just upgraded to a Nokia 6822. The guy who's using it would
>like to
>connect up to his PC to synchronise contact details, etc.

>Unfortunately his PC still runs Windows 98SE so the supplied Nokia CD
>is no
>good as it only supports 2000 and XP.

>Are there any alternatives available that would run under 98SE?

>--
>Regards
>Barry
June 24, 2005 1:46:14 PM

"BJH" <barryh@nospam.kentra.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> We have just upgraded to a Nokia 6822. The guy who's using it would like
> connect up to his PC to synchronise contact details, etc.
>
> Unfortunately his PC still runs Windows 98SE so the supplied Nokia CD is
> no
> good as it only supports 2000 and XP.
>
> Are there any alternatives available that would run under 98SE?
>
> --
> Regards
> Barry

Is it the Nokia PCSuite that you're hoping to use?

If so then i think(?) that there's previous versions (Win98SE compatible)
available for download on the Nokia website.

Martin.
Anonymous
June 25, 2005 2:37:51 PM

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 09:46:14 +0100, Martin wrote:

> Is it the Nokia PCSuite that you're hoping to use?

> If so then i think(?) that there's previous versions (Win98SE compatible)
> available for download on the Nokia website.

It was, but I've tried the Oxygen offering and I think that could well fit
the bill and is still supported, I've also ordered a USB BT Dongle for
Win98SE which was cheaper than the Nokia Data USB Cable. So, we should be
OK now thanks.

--
Best regards
Barry