NVIDIA Glasses a must?

pickupm

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
In order to get NVIDIA 3D Surround working, do I have to have the 3D Vision kit or will the glasses that come with the ASUS P23AH - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236262, work? Will that monitor even work? I noticed the P236H is listed on the NVIDIA 3d vision requirements page, but not this one?

Mabo

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
If you are going to be running in Nvidia 3D Surround you'll probably want to get the 3D vision kit. The way that Nvidia's 3d works is that it has a transmitter that sends and transmits data to the glasses. Also the monitor should work but it isn't at the Nvidia reccomended refresh rate (120 hz) which is possible with a DVI not HDMI connection as HDMI tops at 60hz. The reason you would want 120hz is it goes to 60hz each lense on the glasses.

So overall I wouldn't reccomend that monitor if you are going to try Nvidia 3d Surround but after a lot of tweaking it may be possible. I'd reccomend getting a monitor that comes with the Nvidia 3D kit and is promoted by other users of said monitor and Nvidia and buy two more of those monitors without the kit (so it's cheaper) and Then try Nvidia 3D surround. Good luck if you decide to try it out! :)